Blackstar HT5 and an Agile 8 string...??

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
Riffmagus

Mon May 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Match made in heaven or hell???
Personally, I think the HT5 will be fine - but I'm leaning towards bundling it with a 1x12 or 2x12. Does anyone know how a v30 would sound against a T75? Music wise, it's going to be a classic Stoner Rock/ Doom vibe with plenty of mids, and a high gain but smooth distortion.

Does anyone have any experience of using a 8 string guitar with the HT5? If I pick one up I will be boosting/using a Jap Maxon OD808 infront to tighten the low end - and my POD X3 in the loop for the rest of the FX.

The thing that really gets me is being able to absoutely crank a 5watt amp to get the Tube sag going, for that extra 'oomph' and sustain etc.

The HT5 will be used for home use / recording and jamming with friends. Not in a band at the moment and don't feel the need to spend any more that the price of the HT5 and Cab. As I get older it seems less is more!!

gt_jumper

Mon May 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Riffmagus wrote:Match made in heaven or hell???
Personally, I think the HT5 will be fine - but I'm leaning towards bundling it with a 1x12 or 2x12. Does anyone know how a v30 would sound against a T75? Music wise, it's going to be a classic Stoner Rock/ Doom vibe with plenty of mids, and a high gain but smooth distortion.

Does anyone have any experience of using a 8 string guitar with the HT5? If I pick one up I will be boosting/using a Jap Maxon OD808 infront to tighten the low end - and my POD X3 in the loop for the rest of the FX.

The thing that really gets me is being able to absoutely crank a 5watt amp to get the Tube sag going, for that extra 'oomph' and sustain etc.

The HT5 will be used for home use / recording and jamming with friends. Not in a band at the moment and don't feel the need to spend any more that the price of the HT5 and Cab. As I get older it seems less is more!!
I found the HT-5 a very mid punchy amp, therefore the GT-75's are great especially for the high gain stuff, they just bring it out more, I havent used an 8 string but i have used drop A with good results.

• Information