Transformers & Chokes Manufacturers.

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
longi
Location: At the foot of the South Downs National Park in Blighty

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Ok so I'm pretty interested in upgrading the output transformer and having a choke installed at some point but there doesn't seem to be to many manufacturers around. I can find 2 definites and one probable manufaturer. The definites are Hammond with the 125 B(5 watts),C (8 watts) & D (10 watts) transformers. All 3 are either £26-£31 depending on where you get it from. The second is Mercury Maganetics (Never liked the MM transformers myself they seem to sound dead) which is silly money for what it is, around £175 if you have deep pockets. The third is the "probable" which is Heyboer who'll make it to order but I don't know how much it would cost. Weber might also do them but I can't see one on their website.

Chokes.
I know Mercury Magnetics do a choke at around £45 but who else does chokes for the HT5?

And does anyone have any before and after clips?

shooter.556

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:52 am

I am wondering the same thing. I wanna try and get some mods done.

thephantum

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Another one to look into. Like Weber, you'll probably have to call them to see what it would cost to build one to spec for you.

Anyone of them should be able to build a choke as well (or already have something for another amp that will work nicely). Again, you'd need to do the homework and call each one.

http://www.magneticcomponents.net/Ampli ... rmers.html

• Information