PSA at Musicians Friend

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
riefil

Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:13 pm

Stupid deal of the day is a HT5RW for 299.99. Just ordered mine. Should be on the Brown Truck in a few days. woohooot!

I recently purchased a HT5C supposedly "new". Developed issues the 2nd time using it. The store where I purchase it couldn't figure out what the problem was. Popped in new tubes...same problem. So I now find this deal for a newer version for the same price out the door.

Phil

Garrett

Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Great deal!

I picked up an HT5C a new few months ago for $279. Anything under $300 is a great price for this little amp. Replaced the speaker and preamp tube and really like the amps voicing as opposed to the stock sound.

I like the different tonal flavors possible when running stereo out through a GT-3 into the HT5C and a Vox VT30. The Vox gives a nice bite on the top with the very rich Blackstar holding the mids and bottom together.

If someone stole my HT5C I would not get another one...I'd get the Studio 20! Need more decibels! :twisted:

riefil

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had gotten the same deal for a HT5C as you plus a ten dollar coupon. After using is twice I started losing volume on the clean channel and couldn't go above 5 on the dirty channel without a hellish sqeal(from the amp, not me :lol: ). Tried new tubes to no avail....so back it went. Chalked it up to one bad apple. Then a few days later the Stupid Deal came and I couldn't resist. I can't wait to run it through my 4x10 Marshall cab. Should rattle some windows :mrgreen:

• Information