Blackstar HT-5R + g major 2 (send return)

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
tonysk8

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:02 am

Someone using this combination?
The multi fx performs well in the serial loop?
How you deal with the overdrive channel amplifier?
There are particular problems of coloring of the sound, volume, etc. ??

I would be inclined to buy, but if there is someone who is already in possession would be nice to have a little experience of this rack on this amplifier
thanks ;)

thephantum

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:19 pm

I know there are people using it with other Blackstar amps, but I don't recall if anyone is using it with the HT-5. That doesn't mean it won't work. The HT-5 has a serial effects loop, so it should actually work extremely well.

You won't have any issues with the OD channel as long as you use it in the effects loop of the amp. In that config, your OD will come from the preamp, then go to the g major for coloring, then go to the power amp. You could also use it in front of the amp, but then your overdriving your color instead of coloring your overdrive. ;)

cadblaster

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 am

I don't have a HT-5R, but do have several Gmajors, and GMajor 2's that I use with other Blackstar amps. It has a "Kill Dry" switch, which will allow it to work with a Parallel or Serial loops. You'll also want a Midi Controller that's capable of sending both PC and CC commands to take advantage of all the programming capability of the GMajor/2.

• Information