Connecting to church PA

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
Telerock1

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:52 pm

Ok I'm thinking about getting a ht5r Here is my situationI I can't have a amp on stage I have to have it in another room mic d up with a powered xlr cable from pedal board on stage . So I have to run all pedals in front of amp on clean channel. Has anyone ran the emulated out to the pa or had like a red box di (simulated cabinet load) straight to pa. I was thinking if I went direct and killed the combo speaker I could have it close and use the effect loop and channel a switch The Pa is awesome with plenty of power so I don't need a lot of volume but I want a true sound. Any advice or should I suck it up and mic off stage I'm want to go with small 5w so I don't need a dolly to haul my gear

Sonofarich

Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:49 am

I've went direct to a PA using the EO on a HT-20 and also using a Palmer direct box with cab emulation. Both sounded decent, the Palmer a little better. Either will work for you.

Telerock1

Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:45 am

Thanks man. Are you able to control volume of EO or just the speaker out

RonVermillion

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:33 pm

I have an HT-5 1x12. I run the emulated out to the house board, and then when you switch the standby switch on it kills the sound to the speakers but the emulated out line still works. I put a volume pedal between the amp and house so I can turn everything on or off with the pedal. We use in ear monitors so I don't need the amp speaker working on stage, and our music minister is trying to reduce stage volume anyway. Works great !

Ron

• Information