Blackstar HT-5 Tube Swap

Discussion - HT-5 amplifiers.
Rhust

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 am

I put in a tungsol 12ax7 and scored 2 NOS delmonico 12bh7a offbeat... This was something like 5 months ago... No re-bias no issues, but ymmv

I also tried a 12au7 (JJ) which cuts the gain by a lot, and gives it a more vintage Marshall tone... Like an early JCM800 when the gain is dimed.

An ehx12ax7 is a little darker than the tung-sol..the tung sol is the perfect balance, to me... I might try a 12at7 though... Just to experiment.

The delmonico, took a rather bland clean channel, and gave it more character, a hair less headroom, and interestingly.. Made the isf and b/m/t knobs more responsive and dynamic on both channels, but especially the clean channel...

Antoon

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:39 pm

The stock tubes sound ok to me but..
I tried some other tubes in the pre amp: Mullard, Mazda, EH.
A used Mullard Yellow Legend gave me the best result.
It's a full sound with great lows and a nice smooth grid.
Some Tung Sols are on the way so I will compare them when they arive..

Edit:
Tried the Tung Sols. Nice tubes but not much character in the HT-5. I think Tung Sols are nice general tubes but not in V1 position. In my Shiva I have them in V2 and V3 in V1 I have on old Mazda. In the HT-5 I liked the stock Sovtek better then the TS. I stick with the Mullard because of the rich harmonics en full bodied sound.
Last edited by Antoon on Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeff5

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Mine came with a Boogie 12AX7. (Sovtek I think) I liked it. Changed to the Tung Sol, didn't like it. Changed back. Tried the Tung Sol again. Liked it for a little while but there is a quality about it I don't like. Especially when palm muting or fast tracking. It almost sounds....flappy. Very hard to explain but there is a quality to it that I just can't get on with.

I may switch back to the Boogie or just get another preamp tube altogether. I also need a new power tube as I haven't replaced it since I got it a year ago!

Antoon

Wed May 01, 2013 6:01 pm

A year is not long for a powertube..

jeff5

Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Oh sorry! I meant that it has the same tube in it as when I got it a year ago and I have no idea how long that one was in there for =).

a1terrier

Thu May 02, 2013 6:30 am

Hi All
Want to put my stock preamp tube back in to my HT5 R Head (Its the one on the left looking into back of head I think) but I am struggling to get it out. Don't want to put too much pressure on it in case I break it. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Uffingdon

Thu May 02, 2013 5:22 pm

a1terrier wrote:I am struggling to get it out. Don't want to put too much pressure on it in case I break it. Any suggestions?
Thanks
"Marigolds" (wife's rubber washing up gloves, honest! :oops: ) they really help to grip that little sucker.

Every gig bag should have a pair!

a1terrier

Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks Uffingdon, just hope the neighbours don't see me!!!!

mz3126kl

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:02 pm

If someone thinks of purchasing a pair of golf ball boots and shoes, firstly pertains to each of our brain is Nike air jordan collection. Not any other company and also label comes close to the actual Nike air max Shoes as well as the exact same rationale everyone is awaiting obtain cheap nike air max Shoes and boots in all of the design and style.

Any time one compares the report with the Nike air max Shoes sequence, he or she can know that many of the line usually are graded earlier mentioned 8-10 in 12. So not surprising everybody wants to gather the idea.

Around 85 Philip Moore in addition to Nike invented a brandname of trainers for the all time fantastic National basketball association participant Jordans which will totally changed a Basketball accessories' world. Since then Nike is usually producing Nike jordan boot annually below the The air jordan nike revolution 2 Brand as Nike jordan for sale jordan sequence. Previously there's been 25 series

Why the atmosphere Nike so special? Indeed, it can be from the name on the star, but there's much more towards the Jordon boots and shoes compared to brand. Whenever Jordon appeared to be contacted by Nike, he / she needed the Mens Nike Shox ideal boots and shoes for the field hockey avid gamers that never ever bargain toughness, style and comfort a player is deserving of. They are the precise characteristics Air Max 2013 For Cheap together with Jordon footwear which make it thus one of a kind as well as catch the attention of everybody in the direction of the idea, and in case this is a low-cost Jordon sneaker, can be a absolutely done sales.

For all those fans of Jordans, Nike air max Footwear is an element of "must have" series record. Thus it's become extra monetary as you will find inexpensive The air jordan shoes or boots available for purchase; starting with the range of $45 in order to $55 pertaining to particular person shoes and boots and also $33 so that you can $46 for in bulk. You can get some websites that should offer cheap The nike jordan shoes free of charge shipping. Some of the internet websites usually are "massnike.com", "nike-mbt.com" as well as "branddaze.com".

Those costs will not be for many Air Jordan collection agencies mindful about is going to be many collector variation also. If you're searching regarding a real exceptional portion; it is well-advised to get air jordan for sale primary acquire compared to bidding process on line. Seeking online is going to render many internet websites, which offer more detailed specifics of these items. You can obtain details through many community forums, which will discusses the items in detail.

By simply experiencing many of the mouth-watering charges, do not get far too ecstatic since one half of these can often be clones. So it is vital to research look the actual review for this web page in addition to products and solutions. On the list of web sites where you are able to see this opinions, as well as online video critiques will be expotv.com/Air-Jordan-Shoes.

It's very important for you to check out the quality of the item since she or he is shopping for these shoes not only to play the hockey, nevertheless they wish to be just like Jordon plus take flight similar to he have. Thus there's nothing wonderful than finding a set of cheap nike air max Shoes so that you can play in the method your star played it.

Rhust

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm

what the fuck does that have to do with tubes?

• Information