ht boost pedal?

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
Shredz

Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:56 am

Anyone tryed an HT BOOST pedal in front of a HT5 head?

lucknow1856

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:01 pm

No, but I've used one with the Artisan 30. You don't say what type of sound you're chasing but to me the main use for any 'boost' pedal is that with a decent valve (tube) amp if you push an otherwise clean channel hard and add the boost pedal you can get a big classic rock sound with as near to 'natural' overdrive as possible ('natural' is probably the wrong word but you know what I mean). This is not the same as using an overdrive or distortion pedal - it just gets the amp doing its own thing a lot better. A good example would be Brian May's sound which is using a treble boost (has much the same effect as a 'normal' boost - the HT Boost would be ideal) to push old Vox AC30s - an amp which only has a 'clean' channel anyway. Another guy who used to do that was Rory Gallagher (probably before your time). I used to do this myself until I got worried that my 1963 AC30 might die on me soon (plus I needed more versatility) so looked around for a replacement and eventually got the Artisan 30, which can provide similar levels of 'natural' overdrive with the HT Boost if wound up. I'm not sure the HT-5 would produce that type of sound just by boosting the clean channel (I've never tried an HT-5) but the overdrive sounds available in it would certainly be enhanced by the HT Boost.

However, even when not using a boost to push 'tubes' into squeal mode, I usually use one anyway as an 'always on' effect in the chain. This is because of the overall lift it seems to give to all the other effects in terms of performance. The HT Boost is ideal for any of these uses.

replicahandbags12

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 am

The online store to buy replica handbags wallets and purse of top most designer. Buy The Replica Watches,And Famous Brand Handbags are the hottest and the latest design in our online website.

MikeD

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:26 pm

have one infront of my ht100.....have only the best of words for it.....really adds a bit of life to my soloing....and it looks frikin nice to

majikmojo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 am

handbags? why is a handbag needed with a boost pedal... :lol:

Bigsmudger

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Something to carry it in?? :lol:

MikeD

Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:55 pm

designer handbags.....well mabye after purchasing something for yourself...like an HT Boost or say a halfstck with a ht100 head mabye your guilt ridden consience tells you mabye it´s time too pick up something nice for the miss´s and voila...there it is right infront of you

• Information