Idea for new pedal - The HT-POWER AMP/SPEAKER CAB ISF

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
minosk

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi there,

After being amazed with the sound coming out of my ht-5, I decided that this was the sound I wanted to use with me at gigs and home recording everywhere!! So I based my system running an HT-DUAL which acts as a preamp into a TC ELECTRONICS NOVA SYSTEM (in the future maybe HT effects) and then I run it into a ELECTRO HARMONIX 22 CALIBER POWER AMP which feeds into a PALMER PDI09 for speaker simulation direct recording and feeding the P.A.

Although I get a really good sound out of this setup, there is no product on the market that acts as a power amp and with a speaker cabinet emulator for direct recording. I manage to achieve this with the 22 caliber and PDI09 but here is my suggestion to you to build a HT-POWER AMP pedal.

Now I'm no expert in electronics like you are but here is what the pedal should do:

Act as a power amp like the 22 caliber but with a tube such as the 12BH7 or an EL84,6L6 or KT77. The power amp section would have 2 outputs. One would be a universal Ohm speaker out and the other would be a Direct out and here is the where the punchline is...you should include an ISF speaker emulator for all the equalization from a 1x8 to a 4x12 speaker cabinet.

Then, guitarists like me who setup their rig using only pedals and I know there's a lot of them out there so there is a good market for this, then these guys like me can have the high quality power amp section from BLACKSTAR and also have the same output with speaker emulation into their recording setups.

This would be amazing from you guys and would carry on with the ISF 'money shot' tradition giving guitarists unlimited tone shaping choices.

I hope this gives you an idea for a future product (hopefully not too far into it!).

I would also welcome any comments on how this might work

Many thanks,
Yours faithfully

minosk Image

P.S. If this pedal also had a power soak/attenuator controller for the output to the speakers such as the SPL CABULATOR, SEQUIS MOTHERLOAD, or PALMER PDI-03 then we would be in heaven.

• Information