HT-Dual noise problem

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
yendis144

Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 am

Hi,

I recently bought a (used) HT-Dual of 6 months old. I LOVE the sound, it is really really great. When I turn up my amp volume, there's a great amount of hiss/white noise though.

My test setup for the noise is:
Guitar -> HT-Dual -> Vox AC15

When I turn my guitar volume OFF and the HT-Dual is off as well, there's a bit of additional noise (a bit more then I'd like). When I turn on the distortion channel (gain @ 12:00) there is an intolerable amount of hiss eventhough the guitar volume is still off. Also, I've had this problem both at home and at band practice.

Now I've been thinking about what may be the problem. Maybe I should change the power adapter? Or maybe I should get a noise gate (allthough that would not be optimal).

Could you please let me know what you think and how to troubleshoot this? I'd love to be able to use this machine without worries :D

Thanks!

JackOfBlades

Sun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Check the cable. Then, check the output on your guitar. If that's working well, next thing to look for is the pickups.
Are they high output or low output? If they're high output, you WILL need a noise gate.
If they are low output, they might've gone microphonic, meaning you will need to pot your humbuckers, that is if you're
using a cover for that specific pickup. If all else fails, a luthier will definitely hold that answer for you. Good luck!

• Information