HT-Dual Distortion - Scratchy pot's

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
ohgoodthinking99

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

Hi all,
Firstly, I love the HT-Dual, it's a fantastic concept and great sounding pedal.
I bought mine used, but after it had already had the double-stack pot's replaced under warranty (the gain and level controls).
I've gigged it about a year now since, and it's causing trouble again - scratchy pot's causing significant gain and volume cuts in my output.
I can't use this live as it is, I need reliability. I'm a bit handy with a circuit and solder - has anybody considered or successfully replaced the original double stacked pot's with a break out box housing better quality independent pot's?
I must say, I simply cannot remember what knob is what on a dark stage if I need to change something. I'd really enjoy a visual left side gain and volume, and a right side gain and volume. Penny for your thoughts.
Cheers

IM4Tone

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm

I assume you've tried the obvious....clean the pots w/ de-ox/cleaner spray like that which can be purchased at Radio Shack.

ohgoodthinking99

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes, I've used contact cleaner a few times. It helps for a while, but it seems these pot's are prone to deteriorating more quickly.

Wolfshead

Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:36 pm

I just got a brand new DistX pedal and not only does it have scratchy gain and level pots (even after switch cleaner) the LED also flashes which for all I know is a problem too.
Very disappointed. I did read a lot about the reliability of Blackstar stuff, actually thinking I should move on the HT20 Studio I only recently bought, before that breaks down too!

• Information