What pedal for my ht20?

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
ozzyjim

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi all,
I have a ht studio 20 head/212. I'm looking for the best pedal for my CLEAN channel, I want that classic crunch rock n roll sound!!!! I've never been into pedals much but the clean channel just don't break up enough so here I am. Anyway i have found a ht drive pedal and a ht boost pedal for sale on eBay, both the same price of $229 AU dollars.
which of these pedals would be be suited for me? I don't really know the differences between the 2.
Any help/advice would be great!

Cheers
Jim

ffooxx

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:40 pm

ozzyjim wrote:Hi all,
I have a ht studio 20 head/212. I'm looking for the best pedal for my CLEAN channel, I want that classic crunch rock n roll sound!!!! I've never been into pedals much but the clean channel just don't break up enough so here I am. Anyway i have found a ht drive pedal and a ht boost pedal for sale on eBay, both the same price of $229 AU dollars.
which of these pedals would be be suited for me? I don't really know the differences between the 2.
Any help/advice would be great!

Cheers
Jim
Both are excellent, depend what you are looking for (they do put and extra tube stage to the chain) booster however will add more gain as well as volume if boost knob is turned up where as the overdrive pedal will add more gain but the extra volume can be reduced by the level knob of the pedal so you can match the volume of the clean channel and the volume of the clean chanel + OD pedal.
I have HT-5 and I have tried MXR -GT-OD,Hardwire CM-2 and Biyang OD-08 X-Drive all solid state but work awesome.
I am currently using the Hardwire CM-2 as it does not color the tone at all, both MXR and Biyang adds bit of something in the midrange, definitively usable but not for my needs.

ozzyjim

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks for the reply mate, I checked out both those ht pedals on YouTube and damn they sound awesome! Hard to choose still hehe

Cheers
Jim

• Information