HT-Metal Emulated Output = NOISE!

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
myk.robinson

Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:21 am

Historically, I have used my HT-Metal pedal in the front of an amp, and it works fine for that.
Recently, I have tried to use it directly into a soundboard for a smaller church that I have started playing at, and got a TON of noise. At first, I noted that a patch cable I had was bad. So i replaced it, but still got the same VERY noticeable noise and hum, even with the pedal turned off, just in the loop (running a reverb pedal after it). I removed the pedal from chain and used a Zoom G3 instead, and no noise. Put the Blackstar back in line, noise is there again.. I thought it may be electrical interference, so I took it to the music store to check it out with a different guitar, different cables, and different PA system to eliminate all my own stuff. Got the same response at the music store.. I tried another Blackstar AC adapter at the store with my pedal, and the noise was still there.. We went a step further and tried the store's pedal, and noted the same response.

I came home and hooked my pedal into my DAW using the emulated output, and it works fine to a recording interface.. So there seems to be nothing wrong with the pedal, but I cant seem to use the emulated output for a direct to PA connection....

Is this not recommended, or is there something that I am missing? Please help me to get this to work for direct input to PA.... I am currently using my Zoom G3 "Tangerine" emulated output for church, which sounds nice, but I would LOVE to use the Blackstar, it sounds and responds better.. But the noise is unbearable..

Thanks,
-myk

myk.robinson

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

sir riff a lot

Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:51 am

I dont have a solution , but I found the same thing with my ht-dual pedal.
Sounds great in front of an amp , but if you use the emulated output into a PA , you get all sorts of noise and mine even picks up radio stations !!!
weird.

its a shame , because I have recorded using the emulated output and it sounds great.

IIN3RDYII

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Hey fellas, sorry for the late reply but I just got this pedal about a month ago and have been messing with and tweaking it a lot. Well when it comes to DIing through a PA you have to put the gain as low as you can, also throw in a noise gate if you can. These pedals are not your regular 9V ones. They are very powerful and also tube driven so the gain frequencies are huge when running them through a PA, mixer or even for recording. Also ..try using OD1, OD2 is very powerful for the average speaker.

• Information