HT Boost - Can't Get Rid of Feedback!

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
JonnyFingers

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Hoping someone can offer some advice please - I've been using my HT Boost in the effects loop purely as a volume boost. I did use it in front of the amp for a while, but the volume boost was not enough.

I'm trying to use it in front of the amp again, but this time to boost the gain and signal ( so I can get enough crunch on the relatively tame classic channel), then use channels 1 and 2 of my JCM2000 for rhythm and lead respectively, upping the volume of channel 2 for the leads. This seems to work well at lowish volume, but I can't get rid of the feedback at gig type volumes. This is with the gain on the classic channel at about half, on the lead channel at about 2 and at about 1.5 - 2 on the pedal, so not going over the top. I am using the high output from the pedal, but if I use the lower output then the sound is nowhere near as good as with the high output.

Should I just be using a distortion in front of the amp to get the sound I want, then switch channels for volume boosts? Do distortion pedals (even non valve ones) give the same feedback trouble?

Thanks for any help! :D

Sonofarich

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Have you tried a noise gate?

JonnyFingers

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:55 pm

Not thought of that, will that reduce feedback? Not really up on effects to be honest, just chasing a better sound and more practical gig setup, so I always thought they just reduced noise!

MikeD

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 pm

I use my boost infront of the amp and if I get over halfway on the boost i get feed back...also have issues if I´ve managed to hit the +4 -10 db on the back of my ht-100 head...otherwise she´s good to go. Although I´ve found on 0d2 wherst I use more distortion it does nothing......my guess is if your just on the edge of where your distortion goes from Heavy too muck...this boost is useless

p.s. the boost was also acting up on OD1 (Classic rock) but after a tube swap she was like new......you might just need a fresh tube i the thing!!

IIN3RDYII

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:53 pm

That boost is hella powerful. aside from noisegate I also suggest turning the trebble and the gain on pedals or the head you are using. I love that pedal. it never leaves my pedalboard.

• Information