Matching output level of Ht-Metal pedal with amp level

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
IzzyJenz

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help me sorting out my problem with the blackstar ht metal please!
I have a problem matching the volume level of the pedal with the amp clean signal. I plugged the pedal thru the amp's input. When the pedal is turned on, its distortion signal is much lower than the amp (clean) signal, let's say on the channel 1, I will have to turn the level knob of the pedal up to 3 o'clock (75%) to match the amp signal level (the gain knob at around noon to 1 o'clock)! This might not be a problem at a bedroom level when practice alone but in the band situation, gig or rehearsal that needs to be loud, it makes feedback, I supposed as the pedal's volume level is too high, 3 o'clock isn't supposed to be right, is it? So this has become a problem when playing a song that needs switching between the clean and distort signal causes by the difference of their level! On the channel 2, since it's more powerful.. I might not need to adjust the level that high to match the amp signal level but is still pretty high and as it's nature as the high gain channel, it's noisy.. Anyhow I always set the knob of channel 1 and 2 at the same setting as I use the channel for my solo (more gain and level)

So how much (o'clock) of the pedal's level setting is normal that's matched the signal of the amp which it's engaged with? I guess my pedal has a faulty.. Also I asked your technician before, and without having a look at it, he suggested me trying to swap another tube in so I did but the problem hasn't gone. I guess it wasn't the tube's issue. Please help me out.. I've been gigging with it for a while and it's really bothering me everytime! Thank you very much!

-Izzy

Baraja

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi! I have the same problem with HT-Dual. I sent the pedal back to the seller and the new one has got the same problem again. I'm really disappointed. Did you fix the problem?

• Information