HT-DistX problem

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
IlGudz

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi, I've been a happy HTDistX owner for like 2 years. Lately (about 6 months ago) it started to have a little problem. Every time I twist any knob (gain, eq's, isf etc) it starts to scratch and make noise over the sound of the guitar. Sometimes, rotating the knob will cause the pedal to not sound; I have to slowly and carefully twist the knob I moved, in order to find a position where it'll sound again.
It's not a huge problem, with a little bit of attention I manage to make it work right and I can play as much as I want without any other problem. Yet it is an added attention and it's quite annoying when I have to modify and find new tones.
I asked around to friends and guitar-shop owners, but nobody could help me.
Anybody had this problem? Any solution? Any idea about the cause?
Thanks for the help (and sorry for my bad english :P)

xrekcor

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:00 am

Sounds like dirty pots

You could try spraying a lil contact cleaner into the pots. you can get the stuff from most electronic suppliers. I've had to use it when I got a similar prob with my bass guitar volume when it became scratchy and it fixed it nicely. But you might want to check with the Blackstar tech dept first to make sure it is ok to use it, But I'm pretty it will be ok since cleaning pot contact is what it is for.

Hope that helps

Rob

IlGudz

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Thank you, I'll try and tell if works ASAP ^^

• Information