HT Dual Distortion crunch switch

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
Serg_ris

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 am

Hello! Anybody knows how to resolder crunch switch? I want to drill a hole between 2 footswitches, and mount there 3-rd switch for crunch channel. But i need to know what type of a switch there need, and how to solder it.
I founded this picture on a guitar forum, but there was no description how to do it.

rockshelter

Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 am

What about adding an external footswitch with its own housing, and just extend the cable out of the hole where the original switch was? Ugly but non-destructive. What do you think?

Serg_ris

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:52 pm

rockshelter wrote:What about adding an external footswitch with its own housing, and just extend the cable out of the hole where the original switch was? Ugly but non-destructive. What do you think?
Thanks for answer :) I already did mod by drilling hole and moving swith into center of pedal.

DrStrangenote

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:32 pm

I came here looking for a possible mod to do on these. I find that the clean/crunch switch on the HT Dual is a very usable (channel) option. It could make the HT Dual a 3 channel pedal. Thanks for showing pics of what you did here. How has it been since you created the additional switch? Any issues? Lastly, do you still have the pedal?

Serg_ris

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:37 pm

DrStrangenote wrote:I came here looking for a possible mod to do on these. I find that the clean/crunch switch on the HT Dual is a very usable (channel) option. It could make the HT Dual a 3 channel pedal. Thanks for showing pics of what you did here. How has it been since you created the additional switch? Any issues? Lastly, do you still have the pedal?
No issues, works great. I use it 2 days in a week, on a rehearsals. The only issue was 1-st time when i soldered wires to the switch wrong way, and it simply doesn`t fit in a box. But i resoldered it, and it fits.

samurai_gui

Wed May 18, 2016 2:30 am

Hello, guys,

this post is something alike what i want to do, so i think it`s the best place to ask.
I want to make a switch looper for my pedals.
So my Ht-Dual would be turned into a 3-channel pedal, and the switches will be pushed elsewhere.
Would you guys help me?

Thanks in advance

mascudkoray

Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:13 am

just extend the cable out of the hole where the original switch was? Ugly but non-destructive. What do you think?

• Information