Popped my Blackstar cherry - got an HT Drive!

Discussion - HT Pedals. Heavenly Boxes.
muckers

Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 am

Wow. What an INCREDIBLE piece of kit. I bought it as a bit of a front end boost and extra gain on tap for my Tiny Terror, as I can't really crank it loud enough at home and it doesn't have quite enough gain for some of the stuff that I play (no metal really, but things like Ozzy Osbourne need a touch more gain in solos)

And oh my word, I've just taken to dialing in a clean sound and just using the pedal.

The amount of gain that's available in an OVERDRIVE pedal is incredible. Every other OD pedal (solid state) I'd tried with the amp sounded pants, and I was starting to doubt my amp... But this is fantastic! It sounds like a dream in any amp, even my crappy old 15-watt combos. Even better through the Tiny Terror since it's valve as well so the sound is much warmer and more dynamic, and also a lot more responsive.

The added power tube saturation when the volume's cranked is a bonus as well. The HT-Drive is an incredible bit of kit to stick in front of a clean valve amp.

My only complaint is that it's a pretty noisy pedal. But hey, when isn't gain noisy?! A simple noise gate in my chain (curse the Orange for not having an FX Loop!) will sort that out. :)

For the first time in ever I've considered trading in an expensive bit of kit for something else... I want a Blackstar amp now! HT-5, c'mere!

MythosMalique

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 am

I used it with a Blackstar Series one 100 amp...great pedal...

• Information