HT Delay, HT Mod, HT Reverb ...

Discussion - HT Effects Pedals. Valve effects performance.
gt_jumper

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm

SCHEMATIC MAN wrote:i have ordered the delay, i have already the ht dual & boost , the boost works great in my bass rig .... also when i play guitar it makes my ol plexi head really crank, i can turn my plexi volume down ..(making it more gig able and band/pa guy freindly) kik the ht boost on and still get that classic acdc sound without blowin my ear drums out and without pissin off everybody! :shock:
oh sweet!

thats why o got the HT-20, so the sound guy can level that band for a good mix, plus i am the only guitarist. I trying to get my bass playing into an OD so he can fill the void when i gopt into a lead

SCHEMATIC MAN

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm

gt_jumper wrote:
SCHEMATIC MAN wrote:i have ordered the delay, i have already the ht dual & boost , the boost works great in my bass rig .... also when i play guitar it makes my ol plexi head really crank, i can turn my plexi volume down ..(making it more gig able and band/pa guy freindly) kik the ht boost on and still get that classic acdc sound without blowin my ear drums out and without pissin off everybody! :shock:
oh sweet!

thats why o got the HT-20, so the sound guy can level that band for a good mix, plus i am the only guitarist. I trying to get my bass playing into an OD so he can fill the void when i gopt into a lead

spot on cuz! :)

Superchampable

Tue May 11, 2010 12:55 am

Hey Phantom, when you use the delay pedal can you use the loop part while using using a delay effect? Or is it one or the other? Oh and how is the loop part is it good? Thanks for the help

Teorge

Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm

I am thinking about buying this pedals but I am a little confused that they are stereo pedals but have only one input. So I wonder how is a man suppoesed to connect them together to make them all work in stereo together?:shock:

I am just curious not like I am going to use them in stereo.

HammyHamfist

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:26 am

Only the last fx in the chain will be stereo, so it comes down to the order you choose to put them in so its a matter of experimenting with the order until you get the sound in your head. Logically it would be mod, verb then delay but then i'd be tempted to try mod, delay and verb. In an recording environment is probably where the individual fx stereo outs would come into there own. The daft thing to do would be to feed a single input into a mixer, then feed three outputs into the seperate inputs of the fx and then feed the 3 stereo out puts into another mixer and feed the steroe output to seperate amps or stereo headblock which seems a good way to waste a lot of time and guarentee a headache lol.

Anyways Hammie bought the reverb fx today and very nice it is too, solid build, proper psu, switches are super smooth, the short/long mode is smart thinking, only downside is i would like centre notching of all the knobs as this would be useful in a dark environment where you want to make changes to yer verb sound quickly.

Set up 72 Gibson les paul, 50w plexi marshall, 120w 4x12 angled marshall greenbacks, Jen crybaby, Ibanez cs9 chorus, Boss HM-2 ( giving serious thought to changing that to one of the ht boost or drive or overdrive pedals.), blackstar reverb. Printed off the pdf suggested setting and tried them out, some very nice creamy tones were obtained, the valve in the blackstar seemed to act as another gain stage into the plexi so was getting great tones at relativley low volumes ( vol knob set to just under 2 ). Found that a sound that suited the front pickup didn't always sound so good on the back one but a bit of tweaking soon resolved that, so diffrent setting required for each choon depending on which pickup used, also founf that the verb smoothed out some of the squareness of the hm-2. All in all hammie would recommend it to anyone looking for geetar verb sounds lot of flexability with some judiscious knob twirling.

Here's a link to hammies my space where you can hear hammies forthcoming album of classic rock choons (no vocals yet there coming lol)

http://www.myspace.com/hammyhamfist

Cheers Hammy

P.s Some blank pdf settings pages would be nice then i could add my own dots to the knobs for me own user presets, getting old and memory not to good lol

MojoPin

Wed May 18, 2011 9:35 am

HammyHamfist wrote:P.s Some blank pdf settings pages would be nice then i could add my own dots to the knobs for me own user presets, getting old and memory not to good lol
If you go on to the product page (http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-effects/) there's a tab called "User Settings Sheet"
It's like they read your mind ;)

EDIT: You have to select a product first...

• Information