HT Dist or DistX

Discussion - HT Effects Pedals. Valve effects performance.
XRay17

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi mates, I've got question about those two distortion, which would be better to play heavy rock, I mean I want to make my guitar sound like ones from: Burn halo, Alice In Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Nickelback (from "The Long Road"), but as well as some other "lighter bands like Rooster (indie rock band from England), You Me at six, or Paramore. What's your opinion. And I will but those pedals through my HT-5 combo and soon through HT-40, and my axe is Fender Strat with humbucker in the bridge (Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates), but soon it would be Schecter Solo 6 Custom (with '59, Sh-11 Duncan set)... and I play mostly on drop D tuning, or standard, and very rarely on drop C.

XRay17

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Can someone help me?

Darkstar

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:22 am

I have the HT-Dist and to be honest thats plenty of gain when turned up, but it can also be dialled back for a more classic rock tone.
The HT-Distx is a great pedal and has an awesome tone and a great high gain sound, I just found that when I wound the gain back it didn't clean up as much as the HT-Dist.

Both a great choices.

crowhue

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Defo the HT-DISTX if you want metal but he difference for me is surprisingly subtle. Both are great, versatile pedals but he DISTX has the extra ooooomph, thud factor.

• Information