Problem with HT-Delay

Discussion - HT Effects Pedals. Valve effects performance.
kuliko

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 am

I've recently purchased an HT-Delay Pedal. I think something doesn't work well as I have some issues with regards to the Loop modes as well as the Saturation knob.

The fact is that, in order to record a loop, I have to strum the strings as if I was about to break them, even in the case that the pedal is connected to my amp's FX loop and the preamp volume is at max. I get no recorded notes if I play in a normal way - that is, the way 99% of the guitarists usually pluck the strings.
Besides this, no matter how hard I pluck or strum the strings, the Saturation LED always stays green - it never turns orange or red. This happens even with the Saturation knob turned all the way up.

I'm not an expert in this type of pedals but my guess is that my unit has some problem with the input sensitivity.

Should I return the unit for a warranty repair or am I doing something wrong?

VonBlade

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:20 pm

To save me starting a new thread, I have this exact issue.
If I pluck with the amount of attack I desire, the Loop never starts recording. I have to nail the strings for the first note to get it to begin, which obviously doesn't sound right when playing back. If I play with my fingers rather than a pick I can't get it to start at all.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kumo

Sat May 17, 2014 10:37 am

It's really disheartening that Blackstar doesn't have anyone responding to these problems.

I'm having the exact same problem...the looper won't start at all for me (and I'm not going to break my guitar or shatter my windows to accomodate it.

C'mon Blackstar reps. Is there any support here? This thread is over a year old, FFS.

Sonofarich

Sat May 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Blackstar evidently doesn't read every post to offer resolutions. They have encouraged people to email them directly at enquiries@blackstaramps.com - good luck.

• Information