Blackstar HT5R

Upload your pictures here
tombotron2k

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi All,

New to the forum here. After eyeing the HT5 up for a few months last year, I am glad that I managed to wait a bit longer because I am now the proud owner of the HT5R Combo!

I have had the worst solid state 10W Watson amp for the whole of my guitar playing life (15 years) and when I was in a band only ever used a rubbish Laney combo so in the few days I have had it, this amp has completely changed my experience of playing guitar. I actually sound quite good! And it is inspiring me to learn new styles. I can even finally pull off some pinch harmonics too :-)

I was also interested in the Orange TH30 and whilst the cleans on that were incredible, the OD channel on the HT5R won it for me as it certainly has 'my' sound on the US side and offers so much more than the muddier TH30 dirty channel.

Also, I got my Dean Cadillac about 5 years ago and have never been able to get the most out of it until now so it is like having a new guitar and a new amp.

I might have some questions about dial settings, switching tubes and using pedals in the effects loop once I have gotten over the honeymoon period. I've made do with rubbish equipment for too long but never again.

Happy Face.

VENTGtr

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Very cool. Congrats and welcome. Was never huge on "pointy" guitars, but have always liked the Cadillacs. Very cool.

auburnshredder

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 am

Pinch Harmonics Rule!!!

With the amps I own already..... my wife will kill me...but I have to have either an HT5R or HT1R

8)

gerrygt62

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:09 am

welocme, bro'--nice Dean Cadillac!!

• Information