2007 PRS McCarty Korina

Kotowboy

Mon May 02, 2011 12:31 am

Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Silverburst

Gibson 2011 Traditional Desert Burst

Ht Stage 100

6StringBender

Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 pm

I've "procured" a couple new SGs during my hiatus.....

New Xaviere...$200 USD from Guitar Fetish........I was absolutely astounded by the quality of build and sound both.
Loaded stock w/GFS "Crunchy Pat" Hot Humbuckers, American wiring and electronics, CORRECT SG BEVELING (better than Gibsons new models) and a rosewood slab to DIE for!!
It sounds every bit as good and is ballzier than my 2010 SG Std.
Image[/img]
Image[/img]

and my new Epi LPC SG3....extremely good quality build and unbelieveable tone......each of the 3 v-pots has a treble bleed cap, and this thing just blows everything else I have w/humbuckers away (my Gibsons included).
it's sort of a shame that this $500 Chinese guitar gets about 500% more playtime than my Gibson Standard, but the truth is the truth IT SOUNDS BETTER!
Image[/img]
Image[/img]

I also grew tired of the terrible P-90s in my Epi '56 Gold Top (neither p'up reverse wound/polarized for zero hum in middle 3-way) and replaced them with Guitar Fetish "Dream 180" Soap Bars.......the look and bite of P-90s, but no hum, nada, zip zero!
Image[/img]

wilkinsi

Mon May 02, 2011 4:43 pm

ezietsman

Fri May 06, 2011 4:51 pm

I got a new axe this week. Tokai LS92. Yeah!

6StringBender

Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 am

man, thats sharp!! those Tokais are really great guitars and the prices here in the U.S. for them have gone off the chart.....

just gotta' love a Gold Top !!

I forget what the signature says, it's Love Power model or something they make look like the Les Paul sig.......
what is it again??

ezietsman

Sat May 07, 2011 7:30 pm

6StringBender wrote:man, thats sharp!! those Tokais are really great guitars and the prices here in the U.S. for them have gone off the chart.....

just gotta' love a Gold Top !!

I forget what the signature says, it's Love Power model or something they make look like the Les Paul sig.......
what is it again??
Love Rock!!

AverPhil

Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:48 am

Gibson Les Paul Doublecut with a BareKnuckle Painkiller in the Bridge. Love it, nice thin neck unlike most LPs, I'm always amazed by how low you can get a nice LP's action with minimal Fret Buzz. The body is chambered so its a nicely weighted guitar and the cleans are awesome on it. The Tele is a mex Deluxe Blackout Tele, 5 way p/u selector means its got lots to offer, but im pretty tempted to rout the bridge for a Humbucker and get another Bareknuckle humbucker to go in there rather than the current single coil.. a bit too vintage for me. needs moar gain. Lovely neck though and again set up well enough to allow a nice low action.

JimJamAATG

Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 pm

90s Epiphone Les Paul (Korean)
Seymour Duncan Metal Mayhem pickups & chrome covers

Standard Jim Root Strat

Home-Build Stratocaster Custom 1
Fender USA body, maple neck with ebony fingerboard, black hardware inc. Wilkinson bridge and locking tuners, Iron Gear Texas Loco single coils in neck & mid, and Iron Gear Steam Hammer in bridge (black pickup cover)

Home-Build Stratocaster Custom 2
Fender Mex body, Warmoth maple neck, chrome locking tuners & bridge, black controls/scratchplate, Gilmour-style short tremelo arm, Iron Gear Texas Loco single coils in neck & mid, Iron Gear Hot Slag in bridge

Teorge

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:29 pm

One new piece

ESP Ultratone Custom Shop

• Information