Show Us Your Axes

Upload your pictures here
Operative

Sat May 01, 2010 11:01 am

6StringBender wrote:Quite nice there Operative !! What is that with the black soapbars and maple fretboard?
Thanks. The guitar you mention is an early 80s G&L SC-2; the pickups are G&L's Magnetic Field Design (MFDs).

lucidspoon

Mon May 03, 2010 6:29 pm

From left-to-right:
  • My first electric guitar (Epiphone "Strat" clone) that I "decorated" in high school.
  • My Fender Stagemaster that I played until I got the LP. The electrical tape around the pickup is function-over-form, since the pickup was too big to fit in the original humbucker slot. Image The smudges are because it use to be blue, but I spray painted it black.
  • A knockoff of an LP by Lotus that a friend gave me. I traded him another crappy guitar that I had gotten at a pawn shop for $50. :lol:
  • And my now favorite guitar.:)

The Epiphone LP again.

I took the EMG HZ that I had put in the Stagemaster and put it into the LP, because I was getting a buzzing sound (that I think turned out to be the tubes in my Marshall not being biased high enough), but it didn't sound very good, so I replaced it with a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB.

Before.

After.

Here it is in action. ;)

sleepeatplay

Tue May 04, 2010 12:31 am

Ok, a shot I took today. All the kids. Posing with my Doc Martens. The little Epi lp 2 is in the midst of mod stage. I'm waiting for parts.

6StringBender

Tue May 04, 2010 9:43 am

Sharp guitars fellas............and Doc Martens??? OMG !!
I guess I need to take a shot of all my axes with my 6 pair of custom Cowboy boots in front of them........
Nahhhh i'm only kidding, i've really got 7 pair. Image

Heres a pic of a long discontinued guitar that I had 1 of a long time ago........
'68 Univox Coiley Thinline......Deluxe Rosewood
Image[/img]
And one I stumbled across on the internet, that used to be mine, still has my DiMarzio in the bridge, and my neck repair.
'71 Electra "Tree of Life" SG
Image[/img]
I don't have a pic of the '75 GLP Custom Natural that I had from '82-'84, or any of the others I miss dearly.
Oh well......live & learn..........

gt_jumper

Tue May 04, 2010 10:12 am

6StringBender wrote:Sharp guitars fellas............and Doc Martens??? OMG !!
I guess I need to take a shot of all my axes with my 6 pair of custom Cowboy boots in front of them........
Nahhhh i'm only kidding, i've really got 7 pair. Image

Heres a pic of a long discontinued guitar that I had 1 of a long time ago........
'68 Univox Coiley Thinline......Deluxe Rosewood
Image[/img]
And one I stumbled across on the internet, that used to be mine, still has my DiMarzio in the bridge, and my neck repair.
'71 Electra "Tree of Life" SG
Image[/img]
I don't have a pic of the '75 GLP Custom Natural that I had from '82-'84, or any of the others I miss dearly.
Oh well......live & learn..........
Those two look amazing, very nice!

Toon

Wed May 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Here's my weapon of choice.
Gibbo R9 VOS in Sunrise Teaburst fitted with Bare Knuckle Mule pups.
A great partner to my A30H/212 cab

kelv_w

Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Sweet R9! 8) Doesn't look VOS to me. Did you polish it ?

Toon

Wed May 12, 2010 10:48 pm

kelv_w wrote:Sweet R9! 8) Doesn't look VOS to me. Did you polish it ?
Yes - but just with a dry cloth and no polish. I guess the patina has rubbed off in the last 3 years or so.

gt_jumper

Thu May 13, 2010 8:16 am

That les pauls photo shoot went well i must say! They would almost be doing the real guitar justice. :)

6StringBender

Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 am

Quite nice Toon, quite nice indeed..........I didn't know they used a plastic input jack surround on an R9 though.
Heres my 30th Annaversary Plaintop (which eventually evolved into various versions of the R8) that I bought brand new in March of '89.
I apologize for the poor quality photos........I REALLY need to take some better shots.

Image[/img]
Image[/img]

• Information