The Pedalboard thread

Upload your pictures here
Ollie

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 pm

here's mine at the moment, have a lot of plans for upgrading a few pedals...

let's see your setup then ! ;)

TEMPA

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:23 am

Ollie wrote:here's mine at the moment, have a lot of plans for upgrading a few pedals...

Is that the Boss V-Wah on the right hand side of your board?

If so, what are your thoughts about it?

I am toying with the idea of purchasing one for use at home. I like the idea of the built in distortion/overdrive stomp
box models and the various wah models as well.

It seems like an all in one solution for me as a home player. I assume I can use it as a distortion pedal alone with the built in models and
then use the wah function as wel when I want to. Is that right?

Thanks for your help, sorry to move slightly OT.

Back OT - Awesome looking pedal board. I would spend too much time tweaking and not enough playing!

toneseeker

Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:29 am

Ollie wrote:here's mine at the moment, have a lot of plans for upgrading a few pedals...

nice setup,looks a killer sound machine :D Image

Solenoid

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:21 am

Since I hate carrying a load of pedals everywhere i go, i only have the necessary stuff

A TC Electronic Polytune

A Dunlup Crybaby 95Q

(And when i'm playing on my amp without a drive-channel i use a EHX Metal muff With top boost)

Toon

Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Here's my current board

lucknow1856

Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Toon wrote:Here's my current board

Some nice drive/distortion items on there Toon - you certainly seem to have all bases covered in those terms. It would be interesting to know the sounds you use the Providence Stampede and the Fulltone OCD for - do you just use the Fulltone for clean boost? Also I notice the Metal Zone next to the Blackstar Dual. Is there a specific sound you use the Metal Zone for that the Dual can't provide? I own one but it's gathering dust in a cupboard as I only found it good for beefing up low end rhythmic stuff (but that's probably me setting it wrong).

Toon

Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks. Yes, I have a good mix of tones there for my Artisan 30. Gives me a good spread of what I need.

I have 3 different overdrive/distortion settings with the Providence/OCD/Dual and I use the green channel on the Dual as clean boost rather than crunch.

The Providence is an amazing pedal - I use it for those "Dumble" type tones with a bit of delay from the carbon copy. It is quite bright so I use both humbuckers on my Les Paul when using it. I then use the OCD (my favourite pedal of all time) for a beefier and warmer distortion for blues lead and the HT-Dual Red Channel for classic rock a la Thin Lizzy type tones. The Metal Zone is used for a couple of tracks in our band set but that's all - I don't use it that much but it does give me a metal or heavier distortion than the Dual if I need it.

With this set up I can go from ultra clean to blues crunch to 70's/80's classic rock to Gary Moore/Zeppelin to Metallica (if I need to).

I am not a fan of modulation effects so do without chorus, tremelo and phaser etc but usually leave the Boss Reverb on all the time for the Artisan. I use Channel 2 on the low input on the Artisan exclusively. The Carbon Copy delay is a great pedal too which I would highly recommend.

Which of my pedals would I save in a fire??????? An easy decision - the Fulltone OCD any day. It sounds even better on a 12V or 18V power supply too!

lucknow1856

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Toon wrote:Thanks. Yes, I have a good mix of tones there for my Artisan 30. Gives me a good spread of what I need.

I have 3 different overdrive/distortion settings with the Providence/OCD/Dual and I use the green channel on the Dual as clean boost rather than crunch.

The Providence is an amazing pedal - I use it for those "Dumble" type tones with a bit of delay from the carbon copy. It is quite bright so I use both humbuckers on my Les Paul when using it. I then use the OCD (my favourite pedal of all time) for a beefier and warmer distortion for blues lead and the HT-Dual Red Channel for classic rock a la Thin Lizzy type tones. The Metal Zone is used for a couple of tracks in our band set but that's all - I don't use it that much but it does give me a metal or heavier distortion than the Dual if I need it.

With this set up I can go from ultra clean to blues crunch to 70's/80's classic rock to Gary Moore/Zeppelin to Metallica (if I need to).

I am not a fan of modulation effects so do without chorus, tremelo and phaser etc but usually leave the Boss Reverb on all the time for the Artisan. I use Channel 2 on the low input on the Artisan exclusively. The Carbon Copy delay is a great pedal too which I would highly recommend.

Which of my pedals would I save in a fire??????? An easy decision - the Fulltone OCD any day. It sounds even better on a 12V or 18V power supply too!
Cheers for that - a well-thought out board. That's quite a recommendation for the Providence and the Fulltone - particluarly as I'm also using the Artisan 30. I'll have to tell the missus I need to buy more pedals to satisfy health and safety regulations (again). It's also interesting that you use Channel 2 Lo exclusively - I use Channel 1 Hi and for drive/dist use the HT Drive combined (sometimes) with the HT Boost which sound good but obviously won't get the wide range of sounds you have here.

6StringBender

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 am

It's not a pedalBOARD per-se, but since I only record and play for myself & a few friends now it works for me....

It's the Zoom G1Next multi-unit with assignable expression pedal....their latest generation digital budget unit.
It's all plastic, so I wouldn't even think about gigging w/it, plus a multi is almost un-useable on stage anyhow.

Being all plastic is the only downside i've found so far though.
I use it through the clean side of my HT5H/Jensen 12" Vintage Ceramic setup, and I must say that the amp model/stomp pedal/artist/song preset patches are uncanny!! I remember playing several of the amps listed (mostly in music stores and pawn shops) and the tones are crack on!
Between preset and user programmable patches I have over 1000 different guitar voices at the tip of my boot toe.
There are also 40 drum rythyms, all tempo/pattern adjustable, available to play along with.
As with all tuners, the built in is great for "ballpark" tuning, but i've always had to make fine adjustments by ear afterward.

It's new, it's cheap ($70 USD) and it's a LOT of fun.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/G1xn/

prsfreak01

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm

ImageImage[/img]

Hi Guys,

Posting my new pedalboard consisting of the following pedals:

Blackstar HT-Dual
EHX 22 caliber
Marshall Reflector Reverb
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

HT-Dual on the EHX 22 caliber has a great sound coming from it. Plug it to my HT-212 cabinet and i was rocking.

I will post vids on my you tube channel for sample.

Rock on \m/

Ritchie

• Information