The Pedalboard thread

Upload your pictures here
3volved

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Quick shot of my board...

VENTGtr

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Since I've decided to go with the HT20 live when the new proj is out, I'll not be using the TubeKing (Or the Carvin footswitch). AM going to be picking up a TC Electronics Polytune soon, though. Will adding the Phaser back to the board and my old Boss Chorus seems more subtle than the S10 on the new stuff, so it's going back in.

The little Dano pedals were for use during an acoustic set in the middle of a night.

The Tech21 was used in front of the Carvins for a while (Until I got the TubeKing) and stuck around as a backup for when the TK's tube would go at an inopportune moment.

Everyone else's stuff always looks so ORGANIZED!!!!

hrasnake

Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Here is a shot of my small board I use for church and smaller venues.

Signal chain is guitar> Modded Wah in Rotovibe housing > Cool Cat Drive > Ht-Dual > Volume Pedal > Danecho > Amp (Epiphone valve jr or peavey classic 50/50 power amp and Mesa Roadser 1x12 cab)

majikmojo

Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:55 pm

^^^^^^^^^ VENT!!! wtf man........the kids been playing with your board :lol:

for god sakes man...i cant look at that again - it made me dizzy Image Image

;)

VENTGtr

Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 am

majikmojo wrote:^^^^^^^^^ VENT!!! wtf man........the kids been playing with your board :lol:

;)
:D

I got a TC Electronics Polytune yesterday. Mentioned it to the singer and she said "How are you going to fit anything else in there?" (The Phaser is on it now as well :) ). Said I hadn't figured that out...but it's the chaos that makes it charming.

Actually, without the big red beast in there it looks empty...well...emptier...even with the Phaser and the BS footswitch (Which, I may be getting a new FS soon).

But, every time I organize the wires, etc. and get them all under the top cover, something gets put in and it screws it all up...so...I give up. I'll leave it askew.

Thing that's always gotten me..and seems to baffle...is that it's completely quiet. I'm waiting for the day I throw something in there and need to run out and get a noise suppressor, but it's not happened yet. I was sure the Phaser would do it. It's just an older DOD had sitting around from year's ago, but nothing.

Have a friend who uses a really nice switching system. I forget if it's the GLab or TC Electronics... He's pretty...picky...about organization with his stuff...likes buttons and rack gear over a bunch of different looking pedals. Saw mine the first time and I expected him to go into fits like an epileptic kid watching a Wang Chung video. But, instead, he said "Aw. THAT is the coolest thing...I wish I could do that!". ACTUALLY, have another friend who's live setup makes mine look A) Tiny, and B) Perfectly organized. When he's playing, it looks like all these little tanks and armoured cars have a giant surrounded and are about to open fire.

majikmojo

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 pm

:lol: just screwing with ya man...

if its quiet and works you cant ask for more than that - i shouldnt throw stones...mine is not as organized
as some of these on here :lol:

VENTGtr

Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:52 pm

l :lol:

A ya, I know. Had to smile when read it. I appreciate a good bust, even when it's on me. And...it is a mess... But, does look a lot more professional than the cardboard and duct tape days of yore. :D

IM4Tone

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:32 pm

majikmojo wrote:^^^^^^^^^ VENT!!! wtf man........the kids been playing with your board :lol:

;)
:shock: :shock: A little dizzy myself :twisted: Sorry for 'Piling On'
Just joking...if it works for you, it's great. I mostly keep it simple w/ the Blackstar and in a crude manner, mount the pedals on a piece of thin plywood painted black using 3M mounting tape. Only purpose is to decrease setup time. It ain't a thing of beauty, but it works.

For my Fender BDRI I have a Pedaltrain board w/ 8 stomps.

My main reason for the post here, however is: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FB2/
I don't think it's available yet, but I love the 'feedback' feature. May have to indulge :oops: I am addicted to new gear and sounds, and Boss is one of my favorite lines, besides the Ibanez Tubescreamer.

VENTGtr

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:43 pm

IM4Tone wrote:

;)
:shock: :shock: A little dizzy myself :twisted: Sorry for 'Piling On'
Just joking...if it works for you, it's great. I mostly keep it simple w/ the Blackstar and in a crude manner, mount the pedals on a piece of thin plywood painted black using 3M mounting tape. Only purpose is to decrease setup time. It ain't a thing of beauty, but it works.

For my Fender BDRI I have a Pedaltrain board w/ 8 stomps.

My main reason for the post here, however is: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FB2/
I don't think it's available yet, but I love the 'feedback' feature. May have to indulge :oops: I am addicted to new gear and sounds, and Boss is one of my favorite lines, besides the Ibanez Tubescreamer.

:lol:

Ya, my previous board was one I made myself. Sounds exactly like yours. Was quite proud of it. Had the power strips mounted under and all. Only downside was, didn't have a solid cover and wanted a bit more protection for everything. That SKB has a lot of options that are really nice...and I never use...

I saw that Boost/FB pedal as well. Another "Ah, geez...but mebbe...".

majikmojo

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 pm

hmmmm...would like to fiddle with that myself 8)

• Information