My HT5 + Rig

Upload your pictures here
Klaus

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:49 am

Basically its a HT5 Head into top 110 cab I fitted with Celestion Vintage 30 12" speaker, then its a Peavey envoy Head i made from a Combo into btm 110 cab with std Celestion G10N-40, Either head can go into either cab to alter sound and HT5 can go into both to give diff sound than std 2 spkr setup- On top is an Orange Micro Terror Head that can be fed into either Cab. Boss ME 70 Multi effects pedal gives yet a few more usable amp types covering every type of sound I want. Everything is Planet Waves wired cos they last and work-simple. On the top I have 3 pedals going through loop normally RV2 Reverb (just cant live without it- should have been std on orig HT5) and one of either EH1 Multi Tap Delay (U2 Edge sound), CE5 Chorus or wait for it....the BF2 Flanger for trips back to the 80's -also last in line is the Rc3 Loop Station for backup tracks or to see just how Crap I really Sound .........Ha Ha.
Guitars- 30yr old Westbury std (just in image on left)with P90 in neck, coil splits, cut and phase switches. Ibanez RGR320 with Iron gear P/ups hot slag + rolling mill in neck things. Ibanez RGA42 with amazing sustain- shown. Fender Strat in white,as its the LAW, with 1/4 pounder SD P/up in neck. Gibson Les Paul studio in wine with gold Hware that only comes out twice yearly- that way it feels like new each time, sad but it works for me. Hofner shorty fitted with Dimarzio (from Westbury) and Coil split. Crafter SA QMOS which has just about the nicest sound ever, ugly as F$ck though !!!!! Loads More stuff but this all goes through my BS HT5 rig. Klaus
Attachments
HT5 setup.jpg
My Ft Room Rig
HT5 setup.jpg (209.83 KiB) Viewed 9559 times

jonnydoyle

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 am

how do you like that orange?
how is it compared to a regular tiny terror, or a dark terror?
and while were at it, how does it compare to the HT-5h?

Klaus

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am

The Orange is just...a bit Different, Ive found it hates active pick ups and loves low gain minus 12Kohm ones - I've got to be in a certain frame of mind er 60/70's sound (think animals/ kinks etc)and thats all I use it for TBH, It has a nice response just like a single ended Valve Amp using Vol/ Tone and your finger expression - apart from that I would say its Shit, seriously -for me it only has one setup for tone and gain - anything else is Muddy/Flat tone side and Balls caught in your Zip/Treble tone side - Gain is more like a Cheap Muff pedal (in fact my Orig Big Muff sounds better when used with amp on low Gain but then the orange sound is lost might be cos its tranny amp mainly) adding Fuzz rather than OD or Distorsion.
It was a Birthday Pressie from F in Law and would have bought one myself cos so cheap, ill never sell it and would buy another if broke just for its unique back to the past Orangey sound.
Have only tried tiny terror in shop for 15 mins so cant really comment on how it would compare and didn't have enough sound variation at time to warrant me buying one. Havent tried a dark terror yet, would like to borrow them for a week to see if I like either of them now - It takes me that long to get to know things, prob cos im Crap.
Honestly, used clean all my amps, even the tranny ones sound better than the Ht5, but I didnt buy it for that and only use it clean with Rev/chorus or delay.
Not well up on Tech talk so soz thats the best I can explain it.
Klaus

jonnydoyle

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:12 am

awesome. thank you. im considering one. the other guitar player in my band plays a Dark Terror, and i honestly suggest checking it out. it goes well with my HT's. my only complaint is you have one tone knob, instead of independent bass, mid, and treble.

• Information