Doesn't have to be used for the heavy stuff

Upload your pictures here
CovKid

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi Gibsender
The guitar is a Fret King Elise (Black Label) Trev Wilkinsons brand. I have a perfectly good Mexican Strat that I now never use. I just love playing this Fret King.

Thanks for the nice comments. the guys in the band wanted authentic when I joined them.
I tried to join a second band recently doing more up to date covers. When they saw these videos they said they didn't need me :oops: No imagination some people !

Cheers,
Paul

Gibsender

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi Paul

Thanks for the info on the guitar, will check one out.

With regard to the other band, their loss.

I have been in bands playing everything from country and western to Foo Fighters and Killers etc..

I have been a bass player and lead vocalist, strummy rhythm player, Lead guitar (in current band) and drummer. Mix all this and you get a wealth of background to pull stuff from, so the fact your are in a 60's band now doesnt mean you cant play anything else and guitarists should be respected if they cover many genres ;)

My band,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xs2q9fW ... detailpage The Bones does covers from 50's to 2013 and thats what people want us to do. We love it so its good alraound - and that is what is important. Enjoy what you play regardless of what it is then you will spread the good vibes to others.

Cheers :D

CovKid

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Couldn't reply before because the forum went down.

Thats a great mix of songs there. Looks like the crowd were loving it. I have played (or murdered depending on who you talk to) quite a few of the older songs in my past and it brought back happy memories.

I have the extension cab to go with Soloist but haven't used it live yet. I'll let you know when I have how it alters things. On the HT40 everything seemed to get muddy.

Gibsender

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 am

Will be very interested in how you get on with the extra cab. I have played some sizeable gigs and the soloist handles quite well although i wonder if it is too directional and if a second speaker might help... But then again, i might just get deafened in both ears :lol: .

Seriously though, please report back.

I have put my gear on the competition thread if you want to see my simple setup.

Cheers for now

chetanfor

Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:10 pm

If I could make my purchase all over again I would just get the 60w version to give me more headroom but I would stay with Blackstar. download apps streaming apps

• Information