New HT-5RH owner here!!!

Upload your pictures here
jasonk931

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 am

Hello all, I am the proud owner of the HT-5Rh amp, and love the sounds I'm getting out of this little powerhouse! I have a few questions.

1. Can you guys post some pics of your best settings on the Ht-5 if you have one?

2. Can you guys tell me what would be the best tube upgrade if you think it's worth it. I have JJ' 12AX7's from my last amp, and some ruby 6L6's as well.

3 I'm using a Modified Tech 21 Power Engine 60(PreAmp disengaged) Changed out the Celestion 70/80 for an Eminence Cannabis Rex. Sounds great to my ears, but I hear many say Vintage 30's make this amp! Your thoughts?

4. My cab is a 112 of course, but would you recommend a 212 to get make feel out of the amp?

I love Eric Johnson, Bonamassa, etc... so for me I need smooth searing distortion that isn't trebled harsh.

Right now I find myself actually doing a sound that has the ISF on US side, treble at noon, mids dumped, and Bass at max. Almost a metal setup, but I use my tone controls heavily on the guitar. A 59 Les Paul, and modified Strat with seymour duncan 59 humbuckers.

I use a Visual sound Route 66 which is compressor and their version of a Tube screamer(amazing pedal) and my all time favorite pedal ever, The Visual Sound Open Road! Then, visual sound dual tap delay, hardwire supernatural, mxr Chorus, and BBD Wah, and Way Huge Fat Sandiwch.

• Information