Wall of Blackstar

Upload your pictures here
FleetfootMike

Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Ok - mini-wall of Blackstar...

A friend spotted an absolutely mint condition HT-5RH in a Perth s/h shop for £200 about a year ago - so mint, the card with sample settings was still in place and the footswitch cable hadn't been uncoiled... as a musical mate owns one, and I had a bonus burning a hole in my pocket...

It's been my goto amp for church since (the worship band is pretty rocky), and I love it.

I also own a Tipton Slasher 6W head (I'm a huge fan of low-wattage valve amps), and was harbouring ideas of a wet/dry rig. So I was distinctly pleased when (when THIS year's bonus turned up) I managed to score an HT-408 for £100 to run the Slasher through... and even more so when I managed to score a full HT-5H (non-reverb) stack for £230 (buyer collects in some really out of the way spot)...

Hrm. Wet/dry/wet, anyone...?

The Slasher's about to go away and be fitted with an effects loop, which is why it's not in the photo... And I'm toying with an HT-Metal, so I can switch between preamps...

Black13

Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Wow, huge fan much? Maybe add some versatility? That's a lot of B.S. Looks like you're sponsored by them.

I'm interested in how different the Metal version sounds from the regular versions. I like how it's got the metal grill though, looks beefy.

• Information