My custom ID:260 stack!

Upload your pictures here
Enlive

Fri May 15, 2015 2:27 am

This is my new ID 260 i switched the speakers for a V30 and Super 65 and reversed for the bottom cab to make an x pattern all speakers 8 ohms. Installed an aftermarket multi ohm jack plate so i can run both cabs at the same time at 4 ohm each cab (bottom cab is a marshal mc212 4ohm mono already) or when using just the combo both outputs go in stereo to the two 8 ohm speakers like normal. Then changed out the cheap feeling plastic knobs, which i hated by the way. Anyone else feel this away about them? Finally added leds cause I like that shit and now it finally looks AND sounds amazing. I use EL84 for my patches btw, and yes this is Hughes/Series One inspired project
Attachments
253.jpg
253.jpg (222.04 KiB) Viewed 23321 times
252.jpg
252.jpg (250.34 KiB) Viewed 23321 times
25.jpg
25.jpg (162.24 KiB) Viewed 23321 times

longi
Location: At the foot of the South Downs National Park in Blighty

Mon May 18, 2015 6:03 am

Here did you pick up the jack plate? I've been looking for one to do the same thing to my ID15.

Enlive

Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 pm

you wouldn't need that jack if you want to just make your combo run an external cab, you just need a regular jack and a speaker cable. All you do is open up your combo and unplug the wires to speaker and put the wires to the jack you installed to the back panel of the combo. Then use the speaker cable that you cut an end off and put to disconnects or solder onto the speaker inside and plug the cable into your jack. That way if you want run the combo as a head you just unplug the cable from the jack an plug in your external cab. I've done this with my ID30 combo.
Attachments
IMG_20150518_150327.jpg
IMG_20150518_150327.jpg (97.65 KiB) Viewed 23289 times

Enlive

Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 pm

If you want to run another cab at the same time without having to unplug anything and jeep the speaker in the combo running, you still need a regular jack but instead you just need two speaker wires. You still install the jack to the back of your combo but instead just run the wires to the positive and negative out ends of the speakers tabs. If the speaker doesn't have the side tabs you'll have to do some soldering but then just run the wires to the jack. So the speaker would stay plugged in like normal it would just have a link jack basically to run another cab at the same time. Also if you wanted to find the jack I used for my 260 just google "plug play stereo mono jack" it'll come up it's 17.99

naetwan

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Holy crap I've been thinking of doing something just like this!

Instead of V30s though I'd do 2x120W Eminence Man O War 8 Ohms speakers. I like the tone better.
First off can I even do this? I'm worried that I'll hurt the amplifier by putting in 2 speakers that would be twice the Wattage rating as stock. Let me know if this would be a problem, I really want to try this if it won't hurt my amp.

May implement this, how long did this take you?

Also I'm kind of new to speaker swapping so would this be extremely difficult to accomplish?

Oh and how would you accomplish wiring the internal speakers to play as well as output to a second cab (2x12) or possibly 2 (2x12s) In a room for stereo + cab facing you?

Naet

Enlive

Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Naet,

You'd be fine to swap the speakers out to the 8 ohm manowars. Only thing is those speakers being so high wattage you won't get any speaker breakup, some people like that some don't but it will not hurt your amp. Only way anything would get hurt is the speakers if they were under 60watts each but the amp would always be fine since the stock speakers are 4ohm, you can swap to virtually any ohm and it'll take it with a slight reduction in power if it's not 4ohm but again the drop in volume is negligible.
Speaker swap is easy it's just disconnects open it up and its a simple unplug and plug.

To run an external 212 look up the jack plate I pictured. Google "Plug and Play mono stereo" Get that plate it's awesome for this and I think like 15$ if I remember. The wiring is easy it's just four wires coming from the jack plate. It comes with a diagram of what's what but it's straight forward, red and black are to speaker one, and white and green are to speaker two. The lighter colors being positive and the darker colors being negative, which the speakers will have marketed a +on one of the tabs so it basically fool proof! Let me know how it goes and good luck! - Josh

MrTwon2211

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Hey! Where did you get the lighting from?

That is awesome! :geek:

• Information