Blackstar solo 60 live rig

Upload your pictures here
Dynochrome

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Here is my "Mini" rig. 1 effect rack & a Gmajor 2 used for effects. The GCX unit switches the channels on the Blackstar & GMajor 2 with the custom cables I had made with the help of forum members. It is also easy to add vintage or any pedals before the input jack or in effects loop and control everything in any combo with the GCX and one skinny Midi cable out front. Super powerful,versatile, and 5 min. set up. No tap dancing whatsoever every possible combination is selected with one light tap on the controller. No FX loop cables running to the front of the stage to get stomped or pick up noise. No power supplies or AC cables. I really like the reverb on the Blackstar and prefer it over the G major2. With the G major 2, I can do Harmonies like Thin Lizzy with a 3 piece band! It confuses me when guitarists say "I may need more speakers to play loud outdoors". I have used this in decent size outdoor venues of 2000+ people and it was WAY more than loud enough. I think I had it on about 10:00
The semi open back helps spread the sound around and the Celestion Creamback really was a huge upgrade tonally. My only gripe is when it gets crankin,I can hear some rattling from what I hope is the tube retainers.
The cab is great for a combo!!
Image[/URL]

• Information