How to Use the Emulated Output on HT-100

Upload your pictures here
Vorphallack

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:37 pm

HI Guys it's me again with another question...since i live in a small apartment playing loud is not an option but i know Blackstar has an emulated output for 1x12 or 4x12 and i wonder how to use it...i have a 4x12 cabinet should i just unplug the cab from 8 oms jack and plug it into the Emulated jack input that SAYS: 1x12 or 4x12 emulated input? will this damage the head...i already read the manual but does not specify anything about....yur help will be appreciated....

KKND

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:03 am

NO!!!!! Never play the amp without a load connected through the speaker out put...NEVER! Ok i am done being scary....

You keep your 4x12 where it is plugged, connect an instrument cable from you head, where it says emulated out put and plug it into your audio interface to you computer and play through your computer speakers or plug a headphone in the interface and play quietly. you can keep the amp in standby mode and it will mute the speakers ;-)

Thanks

Geoff J

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:19 am

KKND wrote:NO!!!!! Never play the amp without a load connected through the speaker out put...NEVER! Ok i am done being scary....
I 100% AGREE, However, their manual says something completely contrary, unless I am misconstruing the instructions:
Blackstar ht_stage 60_100_handbook page 7 , point 5 wrote: 5. Speaker Emulated Output
This output emulates the tonal characteristics of a guitar speaker cabinet and
provides a natural valve overdrive tone for connection to a recording device or mixing
desk. Always use a good quality screened lead.
NOTE: To ‘silently’ record, turn the amp to standby mode. You may also record
from this output while in standby mode without a loudspeaker connected, but ensure
that no loudspeaker leads are connected to any of the loudspeaker output jack
sockets of the amplifier, as this will defeat the load protection circuit and cause
damage to the amplifier.
On the surface, and I could be completely wrong, it seems like they are suggesting not to load the amp up w/a cab when using the Speaker Emulation (SE, herein).

THREE (3) Questions:

(1) Are those instructions in point 5 above restricted to just situations when it is in standby mode for silent recording ?

(2) Are the instructions suggesting that when using the SE circuit, and flipping to standby, that there is a built in dummy load ?

(3) Can I have the amp not in standby mode, both switches engaged, & use a cab & then go SE out into the mains in lieu of mic-ing the cab ?

• Information