Post your Blackstar amp!

Upload your pictures here
BGSimpson

Sat May 29, 2010 3:51 pm

lucidspoon wrote:It's nice to know that these can be toured with. Not that I'll probably ever go on a tour, but that says a lot for the reliability. Did you have any problems with any of them?

Here's the picture I posted in my other thread.

I have my Marshall halfstack at home this week, so I'll try to take a picture of both amps together at some point.
Hey Lucidspoon. Nope I didnt have a single issue with the Blackstars! They worked perfect for the whole tour! I highly recommend them for touring bands.

gt_jumper

Sun May 30, 2010 2:19 am

You have seen it before but here it is again for your blackstar picture needs

michnet76

Sun May 30, 2010 4:51 am

Here's my new HT-20H with 2 x 112HTV cabs, and recently purchased Maton Mastersound 2000 DLX - nice axe!!

First outing with both last night, a local youth concert in the town hall, with 150 people I was only at 12 on both volumes... plenty of oomph for small gigs.

gt_jumper

Sun May 30, 2010 5:22 am

michnet76 wrote:Here's my new HT-20H with 2 x 112HTV cabs, and recently purchased Maton Mastersound 2000 DLX - nice axe!!

First outing with both last night, a local youth concert in the town hall, with 150 people I was only at 12 on both volumes... plenty of oomph for small gigs.

Love the setup dude, matons are so very underrated.

michnet76

Sun May 30, 2010 6:00 am

Thanks gtjumper... and thanks for the vids on utube... they were among the ones that led me to order the Blackstar site unseen/ear unheard.

I nearly brought a Marshall Haze 15 but it wouldn't even turn on in the shop! So that turned me off of them and led me to start investigating other brand amps and came across these, and liked what I heard thanks to vids like yours.

Cheers
Carl

gt_jumper

Sun May 30, 2010 6:15 am

michnet76 wrote:Thanks gtjumper... and thanks for the vids on utube... they were among the ones that led me to order the Blackstar site unseen/ear unheard.

I nearly brought a Marshall Haze 15 but it wouldn't even turn on in the shop! So that turned me off of them and led me to start investigating other brand amps and came across these, and liked what I heard thanks to vids like yours.

Cheers
Carl
Wow thanks, I am so very happy they are what you wanted to see/hear!

I was a little upset that there was not enough diversity in the videos before i got mine, so i tried it in the shop and instantly feel inlove.

mrjones2004x

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:15 am

peeghee wrote:Hi and greetings from gemany!

Okay, let me show you my beauties! I customized the HT 5 Top with some smd-lights, that are mounted form the backside of the front-plate of the amp, so that they will illuminate the paneel. It is really amazing in the dark. The self-built 1 x 12" box (open back) includes a celestion vintage 30 speaker and intregrated 19" effect unit (24bit), that only produces some reverb.. All in all: a nice set.......
:lol:

Any possible link to the type/style lights/switchs you used as id love to do this mod. Just when you type in smd lights in ebay theres thousands of options.

Thanks

mrjones2004x

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 am

Hi guys just signed up so here is my rig!

Been playing my blackstar for about 5 months now and the best things i have done for me are to add a nano reverb and a parametric eq both in the loop.

The parametric eq alters the voice of the amp very slightly. I found it to be slightly dark and needing more presence and cut so i brought this pedal on the off chance it might help and wow! This pedal is amazing. Keeps the blackstar sound but brightens and makes it more in your face and easy to cut through

My ibanez RG350 M-YE (Now with Bare Knuckle Miracle man pickups)

And my Gibson LP BFG

gt_jumper

Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Mrjones, that is a great looking setup, what speakers are you running in that 2x12?

mrjones2004x

Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi there,

The cabinet is a Marshall TSLC212 designed for the TSL range.

It has a celestions speakers, Vintage 30 and a heritage 30.

Sounds wiked!

Ive turned the cab on its side and moved the badge to suit. Also put some feet on the other side which is now the bottom. I just closed the back the other week to see how it sounds and the bass punch is so much more full. I think i prefer it closed rather than 1/3 open back.

I generally play classic rock so i have it set the same almost all the time, isf fully clockwise treble full, mids half way and bass to suit volume. I find on this amp when playing quiet the bass is good nearly maxed then the louder you get the more you turn it back. When i cranked it full blast at work recently i had the bass at 9 oclock and it sounded huge!

The parametric EQ really helps this amp i think. For 3 months i loved it but felt it had more then i got the Artec EQ pedal and put it in the loop and used the recommended settings and that was it!

My les Paul sounds so warm and full and my Ibanez is wicked for lead and metal riffs. This amp is awesome! I think the only thing that would suit me better would be a Marshall DSL but there to high powered for bedroom useage so this is my amp for now!

• Information