Post your Non-Blackstar rig

Upload your pictures here
ezietsman

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:41 am

I know this is maybe a bit off-forum but I guess most of us have other brands of amps too. I love my HT5 dearly but being in South Africa makes it very difficult to get them and the support is dreadful (although I hear one of the bigger stores are getting the dealership now and it will improve greatly). However, not being happy with any amps other than Blackstar, I decided to build my own. Its an 18 watt Marshall clone, so its very much in the vein of the Artisan 15. This amp was built for gigging and as such, I can't really use it at bedroom volumes, even though I built power scaling into it, the cab is very efficient and pushes a lot of air. Anyway, here it is:

The cab is a Marshall 2061cx containing two G12H30s. The amp has two channels, one has a volume and tone the other TMB Gain and Volume, think 60s channel and 70s channel. Its a fantastic amp. The guitar is my Tokai LS92.

So that's my gig rig. I don't need pedals for my style. I'm going to build an A/B box so I can switch between the channels.

So what does your non-Blackstar rig look like?

Superchampable

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:33 am

Hey Man nice rig. I actually built the lite version of that. One channel with tone, vol thats all.

Im going to build a clone of the 2061cx 2x12 cab with diffrent tolex/grillcloth. I need help with the cab size. I know the bottom is 12 inches. Whats the top slant? 9inches?

I know your in africa but any measurement you can give would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your help!!

ezietsman

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Superchampable wrote:Hey Man nice rig. I actually built the lite version of that. One channel with tone, vol thats all.

Im going to build a clone of the 2061cx 2x12 cab with diffrent tolex/grillcloth. I need help with the cab size. I know the bottom is 12 inches. Whats the top slant? 9inches?

I know your in africa but any measurement you can give would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your help!!

Contrary to popular belief, we do know about tape measures in Africa :P

I'll measure it tonight and make a little drawing for you.

VENTGtr

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:00 am

Superchampable

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:16 am

[/quote]Contrary to popular belief, we do know about tape measures in Africa :P

I'll measure it tonight and make a little drawing for you.[/quote]

Thanks man!! I almost forgot a important question. Whats the size of the cleat/ front baffle/ frame support. Width and depth. It might be hard to get an exact depth with the baffle piping in the way but a good estimate wood be great!!

I appreciate it man!!

• Information