DiZEL-Sweden

If you're in a band using Blackstar amps, introduce yourself here.
MikeD

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:01 pm

We are a rock-coverband playing in and around the town of Kalmar in Sweden. Both myself (vocals and guitar) and my lead guitarist purchased the ht 100 head and the htv 412a cabinet and are just loving every minute of playtime we get with them.

www.dizel.it

majikmojo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Mike...just curious where you set your volumes levels both the channel and master for
average sized venues - do you find that the 100 is overkill as far as power goes??

asking because my 60 is plenty of power and we play some large outdoor venues in florida...

MikeD

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:34 pm

total overkill.....

I really don´t think that the amps are getting let out as much as they should but from the begining we didn´t wnat to mic up the gitars (ol school rock´n´roll) and the vox 50´s were getting pushed. Master dial on mine is just slightly over the 1/4 mark on the and somewhere around 30-40% on the other two. We figured that at least one time in your life you need to rock out on a 412 and honestly since we put the things on wheels it´s not killing the back and give´s the audience some eye candy ;-)....does fill up the tour buss a bit but with all the other sh*t were haulin around the wheels makes no one complain!!

majikmojo

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:39 pm

understood....i'm ole school myself - rarely mic it unless its big outside and windy :lol:

i have to admit i'm power hungry too - i want more than enough to handle my usual needs... 8)

MikeD

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 pm

we did a small outside gig and the vo vt50 really held itself well....but I really wish we had the blackstars then...but I´m doubting it´ll be the last time so ;-) As for the powerhunger it´s really odd how it work....I wouldn´t mind showing up with a full stack one gig....just too have some fun with the other guitarist in the band....and as said it really does add to the looks....lot of air-guitarists checking out the rigging after show...and the 412 does make the sound bigger/rounder and gives it some travel.....the vox sounds OK in range but a few feet to far away and it just got lost in the mix

• Information