Art of Privilege

If you're in a band using Blackstar amps, introduce yourself here.
ChrissyBoy

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi there,

I've recently bought the Blackstar HT-5RH head and cab for use with my band Art of Privilege (based in Edinburgh). We played a gig last week to around 100 people using the amp for the first time and it sounded great: completely brutal when it was necessary but also soft and delicate. The amp had to be miked up but this is hardly an issue, given that it is pretty much a given that guitar amps get miked up anyway.

This is also the first amp I've played in a long time where I genuinely liked the clean channel - I usually find that they have far too much treble but this amp is just right.

Just thought I'd post to let everyone know that I think this amp is great, and also to ask you all to please check out the Art of Privilege web page. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post any URLs since I've just joined but if you were to google-search Art of Privilege and take a listen to our Blackstar-fuelled music that would be great.

Thanks for reading ;)

Sonofarich

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 am

Good to hear that the HT5 can be a successful gigger. I agree that if you like your hearing, mic'ing the amp is the best way. Better for the mix IMHO also.

What are you using for monitors?

ChrissyBoy

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 pm

I was just playing through the house PA system so I'm not sure what the monitors were to be honest. Sufice to say, they were definately loud enough ;)

IM4Tone

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Sonofarich wrote:I agree that if you like your hearing, mic'ing the amp is the best way. Better for the mix IMHO also.
+100%

Sonofarich

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:27 pm

ChrissyBoy wrote:I was just playing through the house PA system so I'm not sure what the monitors were to be honest. Sufice to say, they were definately loud enough ;)
Was curious if you were using in-ear, conventional monitors, or just facing your amp toward you and listening for FOH?

ChrissyBoy

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 am

Just bog-standard monitors.

• Information