Succesful pedal - HT combinations

Share the sound in your head
Marcello

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 am

Hi,

Recently I have been looking at the Wampler Pinnacle. A distortion pedal supposedly deliver a pretty decent brown sound.

Has anyone tried this pedal, preferably with a HT-40? It's not any easy (or cheap) pedal to get in The Netherlands (will have to order it online I think) so it would be nice to now a bit more about it.

Thnx!

Marcello

ibz

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:15 am

Marcello wrote:Hi,

Recently I have been looking at the Wampler Pinnacle. A distortion pedal supposedly deliver a pretty decent brown sound.

Has anyone tried this pedal, preferably with a HT-40? It's not any easy (or cheap) pedal to get in The Netherlands (will have to order it online I think) so it would be nice to now a bit more about it.

Thnx!

Marcello
Hey Marcello:

A little over a year ago I was in your same situation. In fact, I was trying to decide between the Pinnacle, Plextortion, and the Super Plextortion.
I must've watched 100 videos over and over in trying to make a decision. Finally, I chose the Plextortion as I was concerned with the Pinnacle giving me just one type of sound and eventually getting bored with it. IMHO, the Plextortion seemed to have more flexibility, sound-wise.

As far as the Plextortion goes, it's a great pedal. I was playing it through a solid state amp to get sounds like Whitesnake's John Sykes, early Bon Jovi, Bad English, REO Speedwagon, Ozzy, and Night Ranger, among others. Basically used it as a third channel for the heavier sounds. I recently got the Blackstar HT 60 Soloist and at first I didn't like how the Plextortion sounded with it. This past weekend I tried it again, tweaking all of its knobs until I found the sound. It sounded awesome! I think I like its sound now more than with the solid state amp! I just have to test it with the band.

In general, the pedal is of good quality, looks cool, and, better yet, it sounds really good. It's definitely one of the most expensive "single pedals" I own.

I think that Wampler has a policy for returning the pedal if you're not satisfied with it. Not sure if it applies outside of the US. Check their website.

Take care and let us know if you do decide to get the Pinnacle and how you like it. I'm really curious.

Later.

ibz

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 am

Hey Marcello:

Did you ever get the Wampler Pinnacle? If so, how's it working with you BS amp?
I keep thinking of getting one.

I read somewhere on this board that our amps tend to compress signals coming in too strong at the input.
I realized that's what was happening with my Plextortion. Placed it in the loop and voila!! It sounds way better than before.
I can crank it up and it doesn't get mushy like it used to. I'm using the Plex as f it were my OD2 channel.

Also, tried a friend's MXR 78 Distortion with my Soloist 60. Although it sounds good, the amp's OD channel sounds way better, IMHO.

Anyone else have good/bad experiences with pedals and their BS amps to comment about?

Lex [ITA]

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 am

hi guys!
with my blackstar ht-60 stage i use a Zoom G5 and a Boss FV-500h as volume pedal. they sound amazing!!! it's incredible that every pedal you use works perfectly with our amps!! :D

• Information