HT-1 Settings Thread

Share the sound in your head
Relay

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 am

Hello all, thought a thread for the new HT-1 would be helpful. Although it only has 4 dials, 3 if you have the one without reverb, there are still a wide range of sounds you can achieve.

As the HT-1 doesn't really have numbers to go by for the dials I've figured the easiest way to represent it is to use

0, 2 (9 o'clock line), 4, 5 (12 o'clock line), 6, 8 (3 o'clock line), 10 - If any one has an easier way to represent this, all ears :)

Anyway, to the most important section

Settings Template (just copy and paste)

Name of Song:
Artist:
Pickup Used: (Bridge/Middle/Neck or combination)
Pickup Type: (Single/Stacked/HB/Active etc)
Speaker: (combo/2x10/4x12 etc)

Amp Settings:
Channel: CLEAN/OD
Gain:
Volume:
ISF:
Reverb:

Relay

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:55 am

Might as well go first:

Name of Song: Dirty Love
Artist: Thunder
Pickup Used: Bridge
Pickup Type: HB
Speaker: combo

Amp Settings:
Channel: OD
Gain: 7
Volume: 5
ISF: 7
Reverb: 3

I feel this is a classic crunchy 80's hard rock sound

Song is here

Tracer Tong

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:42 am

Hi everybody, I'm a total guitar noob. I bought a HT-1R as my first amp to go with my first guitar (ESP EC 1000 FCSB).

I would really appreciate it if someone would post some ballpark settings for an early Led Zeppelin tone, or a nice AC/DC tone, or any other iconic classic rock type tones. I'm rather a visual learner and turning nobs to listen for the difference in sound has got me a bit baffled.

MeAndMyCS6

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Ooh...I'm new here, but it appears this thread is dying a slow painful death...;)

Let's see if we can put some life into it...

Grease up the paddles...and...Clear!

*ZAPPP!*

(coughcough hackwheeze)

IT'S ALIVE! :shock:

Excellent! In that case, let me offer these, as Blackstar already provides some great suggestions for Crunch, Lead and Clean:

For a nice Jazz tone: (Hey, why not!)
Pickup Used: Neck
Pickup Type: HB's
Speaker: Whatever you own...headphones too!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Roll the volume on your guitar way, way down. More. Seriously.

Amp Settings:
Channel: CLEAN
Gain: about 2 o'clock (and now you know why the guitar volume is set so low)
Volume: 10
ISF: 0 (But only if you've fattened the tone on your axe. Vice versa could work too)
Reverb: Add to taste. I like it about 10 o'clock.

I posted this link in the video thread, but it is appropriate here as well as the above were the settings I used in the video: Simple Pentatonic Jazz

Disclaimer: I'm just a rookie, been playing for about 5 years.

Classicplayer

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:50 pm

For all of us who might struggle a bit getting good tones from our HT1R Combo or Head, here's a video you can get familiar with. Mike Burn explains near the end why his system works and especially why when you set your guitar's volumes in the lower ranges 0 - 5 range.

I followed Mike's lesson, but my only difference was that I chose the gain channel and kept the gain knob around +- 9:00 o'clock. The ISF knob setting will be determined by the humbucking guitar type you are using.

The HT1R's volume will be determined as to how loud you want it in the home practice room. With my Les Paul, I chose +- 11:00 o'clock and my ISF at 1:00 o'clock. When I got the right tone and volume from my HT1R, I looked down at my Les Paul's controls and found the volumes were just about on 2 and my tones almost wide open for a clean tone. For the bridge pickup for Rock tones, I saw that +-5 on the bridge volume accomplished that. Try doing this exercise yourself and compare your results to mine and Mike's too.
What I found important is to have your pickups adjusted close enough to the strings to pick up each note (the sweet spot). I kept my screwdriver nearby and listened very closely to got them adjusted to where I
thought was just right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPxI7ySr ... ults_video

Classicplayer

MeAndMyCS6

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:46 am

Great video (funny guy, too!) but I haven't had a chance to dig into this yet (sometimes life gets in the way!) ;)

I hope to in the next day or so...

• Information