booming id100 problem amp

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
adinatha

Wed May 28, 2014 7:28 pm

For 3 months now my id100 is underway in Germany to find an error.
The problem is that my amp gradually got a booming sound when played a palm-muted C note.
The first half year everything was allright, but now I can't play with the amp.
The latest software update did'nt help either.
For a warranty amp this is rally shitty.
In Germany there are only technicians and you can not find the error with electronic apparatus, you need a gitarist as well.
I don't have any faith this will resolve good for me.
They are friendly to you when you buy, buy and buy, but you are shit to them when you have a problem.

But my question
Does anyone know of these problems?
If so then what can be done about this.

Nick901

Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Old thread, but I'll try anyway, since I used to have the exact same problem with my ID:30!

I found that this happened only with the ISF control set to the left (US) of center, and of course when having a fair bit of bass dialed in as well. It was a weird form of sympathetic resonance that only seemed to affect the C below middle C (in standard tuning). Not only did it sound really boomy even when playing with a blackface-type clean sound, palm-muting with distortion completely overloaded my recording software.

I worked around this by using the British side of the ISF control, your basic trial and error, but there was a firmware upgrade a while back (can't remember which one, but it should be searchable on Blackstar's website) that solved the issue - for me at any rate. Now I have no problems dialing in US type sounds - in fact they sound great!

• Information