Blackstar ID core20 delay effect

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
Crow75

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 am

Hi

I'm having problems with my new amp in that the tap tempo used with the delay doesn't change the tempo. The manual doesn't explain how to use it and I've used tap tempo before with other amps without a problem. This one seems to have just one setting - does anyone know the correct way to change the delay setting or is it just my amp is not working properly?

Admin
Site Admin

Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:24 pm

The TAP button is used to set the tempo of the Modulation and Delay effects. The TAP button and LED will be active for the currently ‘focused’ effect (a GREEN indicator shows the currently focused effect), so ensure that whichever effect you wish to ‘tap’ a tempo into is focused. (Note: you can also change the tempo of the currently focused effect by holding down the TAP button whilst turning the Effects Level knob for more fine adjustment).

If you are finding neither of these methods are affecting the tempo of the effect – and that the flash rate of the LED doesn’t change when you tap in a different tempo - it could be that the physical button is damaged or has a fault. Has your TAP button ever functioned correctly, or is this something that has just started happening? You could also verify this by connecting your ID:Core to the INSIDER software and change the Modulation or Delay tempo from there to see if it can be controlled from a different source.

Hope this helps!

Blackstar product support

• Information