FS-10 footswitch, HOW TO FIX THE LATENCY??

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
Darioviolate

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Well, today I received my ID:100 TVP head, and I've bought the FS-10 footswitch from a Blackstar dealer in Croatia.
I've checked, THAT is the recommended footswitch for the amp.

The amp itself works amazing, sounds awesome, but there is a slight latency when switching between patches via footswitch, it's quite irritating, and makes things a lot harder when playing live.

Does anybody know how to fix this??

I've already updated the Blackstar Insider firmware.

Thanks in advance
Darioviolate

The KIDD

Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:15 am

Hmm?... thats strange :shock: I play LIVE using 109 patches and its a seamless transition from preset to preset. I almost WISH there was a milli sec pause between them so ya wouldnt hear the OD kickin in on beat 4 with a tune movin at 110 BPM... You ARE in "patch mode" right?... Being a life long drummer,I might be in a minority here in the way I use footswitches. Alotta guitar players here have mentioned They're used to the new preset kickin in when they let OFF the switch , much like all other pedals / processors work. I hit it like its the dimmer switch on my old 77 Pontiac. :lol: Never having used a foot switch LIVE, this is all I know. :lol:.. Yeah, even when the FX change, as soon as the switch is hit , its the new preset...Hope ya get it straightened out!

KIDD
https://www.youtube.com/JOHNKUHNMUSIC

captainnemo70

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:25 pm

i dont think what your experiencing is latency.

set up 2 patches using the same valve emulation and switch between them using the pedal, i expect that the change is instantaneous.

now set up 2 patches one using el84 and one using KT88, and change between those, i expect now you are getting the latency you describe,

it isnt latency, the patch is changing imediately, however the amp is reconfiguring its modelling between the 2 valve types and it can take a fraction of a second to catch up,

i egt round this by setting patches within a bank that use the same tube emulation, like you would say setting up a 4ch amp, you change gain settings or voicings, but ulitimately it would have the same tubes for all 4 ch's

try this im sure the problem will go away.

if you still need to use dif valve types in patch changes next to you, it might help if you choose valve types that are closer to each other

Actionman

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 pm

captainnemo70 wrote:i dont think what your experiencing is latency.

set up 2 patches using the same valve emulation and switch between them using the pedal, i expect that the change is instantaneous.

now set up 2 patches one using el84 and one using KT88, and change between those, i expect now you are getting the latency you describe,

it isnt latency, the patch is changing imediately, however the amp is reconfiguring its modelling between the 2 valve types and it can take a fraction of a second to catch up,

i egt round this by setting patches within a bank that use the same tube emulation, like you would say setting up a 4ch amp, you change gain settings or voicings, but ulitimately it would have the same tubes for all 4 ch's

try this im sure the problem will go away.

if you still need to use dif valve types in patch changes next to you, it might help if you choose valve types that are closer to each other

Excellent tip!

• Information