Blackstar Merch Shipping Cost

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
Actionman

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:25 pm

So I thought I would have a look at the B* store.
I live in NB, Canada so I chose the US version for obvious reasons.
Call me crazy but $40 to ship a winter beanie that costs $12.99 is a little unreasonable.

I think my ID:260 weighs about 40-50 lbs and had it shipped for Free from across the country...roughly 3000 kilometers away.
WTF!

Fantom

Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 pm

ya that's not right, I'm in alberta and I order from the U.S. all the time and don't pay those shipping fees. I'm thinking the "US" store is probably still in the UK or it's the cost of coming from Uk to the US store. just last week I ordered a tonepros bridge and tailpiece from the states and shipping was less than $11.

Actionman

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Fantom wrote:ya that's not right, I'm in alberta and I order from the U.S. all the time and don't pay those shipping fees. I'm thinking the "US" store is probably still in the UK or it's the cost of coming from Uk to the US store. just last week I ordered a tonepros bridge and tailpiece from the states and shipping was less than $11.
I think you may be right.
Sucks hard cause I would love to proudly wear a B* winter beanie :)

thephantum

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:44 am

I'm in the US (Virginia) so I decided to have a look. That same beanie will cost $3.77 to ship to me via USPS First Class Mail. For that price it can't be coming from the UK.

Are you sure you had the right shipping method selected? Because there's a bunch of options there and, if I want, I can have it shipped via UPS Next Day Air for $61.43. :shock:
  • USPS First-Class Mail - $3.77
    UPS Ground - $18.53
    UPS 3 Day Select - $22.49
    UPS 2nd Day Air - $28.19
    UPS Next Day Air - $61.43

Actionman

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 pm

I'll check again however I am in Canada so I would expect to pay more but not what they're asking.
Thanks dude....checking now

Just had another go and same deal :(

Only 2 options for Canada
UPS World Expedited - $129.43
UPS Standard - $37.85

Subtotal: $12.99
Shipping & Handling: $37.85
Tax: $0.00 +
Order Total: $50.84

Now It all makes sense why I never see any Canadian folks sportin B* merch...lol

Thanks for the help :)

Fantom

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:00 am

I just had a look myself and being in Canada, our only option is UPS. I always prefer to use USPS, I've never had to pay duty or taxes using them, UPS is always the opposite, they have a ridiculous brokerage fee. what I found though was ordering a beanie to calgary, the shipping was the same price if I was to add in a hoodie also, so this means they're nailing us for a high weight on the initial purchase. a lot of online stores do this when they use UPS for international but they usually give you the option to use USPS instead.

Actionman

Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:13 pm

Fantom wrote:I just had a look myself and being in Canada, our only option is UPS. I always prefer to use USPS, I've never had to pay duty or taxes using them, UPS is always the opposite, they have a ridiculous brokerage fee. what I found though was ordering a beanie to calgary, the shipping was the same price if I was to add in a hoodie also, so this means they're nailing us for a high weight on the initial purchase. a lot of online stores do this when they use UPS for international but they usually give you the option to use USPS instead.
Exactly!
I would gladly wait 2 weeks and pay so much less

Actionman

Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Billing reduced the cost considerably for me.
Thanks B*!

• Information