FX Pedal(s) suggestion(s) for the HT 60 Soloist

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
Saboteur

Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello there all.
I'm new to the forum :)
Just got my (used) HT60 Soloist and i'm really thrilled with the tones it can produce. The footswitch also is veeery handy.
I'm into garage/post punk/punk with the band i'm playing with. As I have already sold (you know why) my Vox Tonelab LE, I'm focusing now on getting some (single) effect pedals.
To be more specific first of all I need a flanger (MXR, electric mistress, or the mooer copy of it?) and a delay (memory boy deluxe?). I don't think i'll need more overdrive/distortion with this little beast. :)

Have you used successfully any of the pedals mentioned above or any others that cooperated nicely with the HT60? I'm not so experienced with single pedals and i really want to avoid "digitalizing" the tone of the HT 60.

Thanks in advance lads and ladies.
Nice to find you around :)

thephantum

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Personally, I use an MXR-117R flanger and a Echo Puss Analog Delay. For the record, my current pedal chain config is fairly simple:
Crybaby=>Amp input

Then in the FX Loop:
Boss BD-2 (modded)=>MXR=>Echo Puss=>Volume Pedal

It doesn't matter what amp I use, the pedal rig sounds awesome in that configuration. I use the BD-2 as a solo boost and only use the Flanger here and there, but the delay is almost always on with a very short duration echo to fatten things up. The Crybaby in front and volume pedal at the end are self explanatory. :mrgreen:

Saboteur

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:59 pm

thephantum wrote:Personally, I use an MXR-117R flanger and a Echo Puss Analog Delay. For the record, my current pedal chain config is fairly simple:
Crybaby=>Amp input

Then in the FX Loop:
Boss BD-2 (modded)=>MXR=>Echo Puss=>Volume Pedal

It doesn't matter what amp I use, the pedal rig sounds awesome in that configuration. I use the BD-2 as a solo boost and only use the Flanger here and there, but the delay is almost always on with a very short duration echo to fatten things up. The Crybaby in front and volume pedal at the end are self explanatory. :mrgreen:
Thanks for your reply thephantum. I have used an MXR micro flanger and really enjoyed it's "chorusy" sound (not ultra...jet mode, if you know what i mean). But I don't know the Echo Puss. Should give it a go maybe. And yes indeed a wah is on the list too. :)

• Information