Blackstar Series 1 1046l6 or Blackstar HT-Metal 100?

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
AndreeTheG

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello,
I have a Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 but with the channel 3, even at the max gain, I cannot reach a good sustained and supersaturated lead sound.
I'm using a HT-Metal pedal on clean channel in order to have a lead hi gain sound. I love the HT-Metal pedal sound.
So I'm searching for a new amp head and I saw the Blackstar S1 104 6L6 and the HT Metal 100.

I cannot play in store these amps so I have to watch videos on YouTube and read opinions on web but I cannot find what I'm searching..

I play every kind of music (blues, funk, rock, hard rock) but I love prog and power metal. For last two genres I need something like the red channel of HT-Metal pedal (with gain at 1.30 o' clock, just to let you know the amount of gain I need).
I'm wondering if the S1 104 6L6 on channel 4 has a big gain or I have to go on the HT-Metal 100 head (that I think has the good gain for me).

I love the fact that S1 can use dpr and has 4 channels, but I don't want to have another amp with "no enough gain" like my Mesa.

P.s I know that I can boost the distortion channel with a OD but I'd like to have an amp that I can use without add pedals to boost his channels.

Can you help me? I would like to know if there's a huge difference of gain on last channel in S1 and HT Metal.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm italian.

:)

• Information