Live Logic Toggle Not Working Correctly In Ableton 11

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
snifflyfiend

Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:20 am

Toggle switch functionality not working correctly:

I'm trying to use the Live Logic with Ableton 11 Lite connected to a MAC to toggle effects on and off.

I've configured a switch to the following:
CC
Midi Channel OMNI ALL
CC Message Number 5
Operation Toggle
Off Value 0
On Value 127

In Ableton, I've opened the effect so I can see it in the lower panel, hit COMMAND M to open MIDI map, clicked the orange Device Activator button in my effect then clicked the mapped switch on the Live Logic.

If the effect is active, pressing the Live Logic switch turns it off. If I press the switch again it acts like a momentary switch so the effect only stays on as long as the switch is held down, as soon as I release it the effect deactivates again.

I tried using NOTE instead of CC but the same problem occurs.

I've tried updating the firmware too, and switching the unit off and on before loading Ableton.
Firmware file I loaded is V0.2.1.1_200628A.dfu dated 28 June 2020, however within the firmware update utility is always shows the firmware version as V0.0.0.1. VID 0x27D4, PID 0x1001/0x1000 so I'm not even sure if its the right file though its the one that always shows in the product download portal.

I don't think its a hardware fault, there's other messages on the forum which sound similar but with no resolution.

Seems like a software bug, how do we get this fixed please?

thanks

Chill4x

Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:34 am

I had a similar experience with a different controller, where the toggle function acted more like a momentary switch. What worked for me was double-checking the controller's manual for specific settings and also ensuring that the MIDI mapping in Ableton was correctly configured for toggle behaviour.

I recently upgraded to Ableton Live 12, which I learned about on FAQ Audio. This version has a more robust handling of MIDI mappings and controllers. The new features, like Browser Tagging for more accessible sound organization and the intuitive Sound Similarity Search, have significantly improved my workflow.

• Information