Dept. 10 Dual Drive Cab Rig stereo output

Specific posts about certain Blackstar products.
wazdc

Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:04 pm

Hello,

manual mentions: "NOTE: The Cab Rig output is a fully stereo 6.35mm connection and should only be used with a stereo jack."

What are the downsides of not using a stereo jack? Is there actually a stereo output, i.e. is there a difference between left and right channel (stereo soundstage)? To me the pedal just looks mono... Occasionally I use it to go directly to the mix line-in but I only used mono connection so far, for stereo connection I'd need to get a long enough Y cable (or some kind of reduction adapter, whatever..), so I'm curious what are the benefits of stereo connection/downsides of mono ("should only be used with a stereo jack" part). FWIW, I'm under impression that XLR Cab Rig-out is balanced mono as well. I haven't used this in our small jam sessions either simply due to availability of long enough TS jack/jack cables (and mono mix inputs which I'd occupy 2 in stereo - should there be any benefit) hence no need to buy additional, e.g. XLR cables, so far...

If anyone could provide insight why should I use stereo jack connection only, I'd be grateful!

Keep rocking!
w.

• Information