Emulated Output = Headphones?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
howdy71

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am

Hi there,

I am very much interested in the ID:60. Just one question needs to be answered, but here in Germany no one can answer 100% sure!

Can the emulated output on the ID:60 been used for plugging a headphone in, in order to use the amp for practising?!

BTW: Great Forum!!!

kalseru

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 am

Simple answer is yes.

howdy71

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks, that helps a lot!

myk.robinson

Sun May 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Hey, just answered you on my YouTube post :)
Was going to come back here, then realized it's the same person.

For anyone else who may have had the same question, here's what I found on mine:

Tried just a few minutes ago. I think it will vary depending on the headphones you use. It sounded fine in my studio monitor headphones, but one thing that was bothersome is the fact that you have no real control over the volume level. You can turn the master volume all the way down, but the emulated out sends line level volume because of what it's meant for. So the only control you have is to reduce the channel volume. Probably should run to a mixer then to headphones :) It does work, though

BLACKSTARFAN

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:04 pm

OK,Here Goes,... :roll:
IF you have another Amp that HAS A HEADPHONES JACK,ALONG with an FX Loop,TAKE the Emulated Output from your ID Amp,plug it into the EFFECTS RETURN Input on the "HEADPHONE AMP",Now you are just using the POWER AMP Section of your Other amp,and if it's equipped with an automatic Speaker "SILENCER" that kicks in when using the headphone jack,all you need to do is utilize the MASTER VOLUME on the HEADPHONE AMP,and you'll be able to control the Headphone Volume.
IF the ID Amp doesn't have a Speaker Silencer,you may need to disconnect the Speaker Outputs on the BLACKSTAR,Or the Sound will BLARE out of the speakers.
HOPE that made sense to you,but,If you need to Play in the WEEE Hours and NOT WANT to wake the Neighborhood,then Desperate times call for Desperate Measures : )
GO ROCK Da HOUSE!!!

Billthebiker77

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 pm

A little help here. I’m trying to use headphones on my ht club 40 using the emulating jack as instructed. Problem is I only get sound on the left phone.
What am I doing wrong? I’m not using an Id core. Ht club 40. I don’t care about answers for ID Core. Help????!!
Last edited by Billthebiker77 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Billthebiker77

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:34 pm

howdy71 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 am
Thanks, that helps a lot!
m
myk.robinson wrote:

For anyone else who may have had the same question, here's what I found on mine:

Tried just a few minutes ago. I think it will vary depending on the headphones you use. It sounded fine in my studio monitor headphones, but one thing that was bothersome is the fact that you have no real control over the volume level. You can turn the master volume all the way down, but the emulated out sends line level volume because of what it's meant for. So the only control you have is to reduce the channel volume. Probably should run to a mixer then to headphones :) It does work, though

Billthebiker77

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:44 pm

I don’t want answers for other amps. Just the HT Club 40. Of course the ID Series has a headphone jack. What input should I use on the HT Club 40.

Billthebiker77

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:45 pm

myk.robinson wrote:

Billthebiker77

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:46 pm

But are you using the HT Club 40?

• Information