ID60TVP - gotta get me one...

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
CuztardPi

Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Paul .. & others,

I've got a ID260 (with a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller) .. what a fantastic rig: Easy to transport; easy to setup & breakdown at the gig; full control of the amp at your feet; great wide range of sounds (versatile? .. Oh Yes!!); range of volumes to suit each gig from quiet to LOUD ; no tubes to worry about ... Perfect!! Get One Now, you won't be sorry!!! .. or perhaps you already have one?

On the questions:

1) I've not used the EO .. this amp is loud enough by itself for all my gigs.

2) The original speakers sound great .. no need to change IMO.

3) I too have had no real problems using the insider software (apart from the odd freeze & crash now & again .. easily fixed by simply restarting the program). It works fine (apart from the known delay duration save problem) & is a great aid to programming the amp, especially getting the best out of the effects ... & the provided USB cable works fine for me.

For live use, I would recommend a MIDI controller rather than the FS10 (I use the Behringer FCB1010 with UNO chip mod at a cost of approx £120 total) which provides much more accessible, intuitive control than the pain to use FS10 at only a few quid extra.

Have fun - Steve

slugworth

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:16 am

I'm a speaker swapper and when I found out that that the ID60 only has a 4 ohm output, I was disappointed since this severely limits the speaker options unless you want to go up in impedance which I don't really like doing. HOWEVER, once you get the stock speaker broken in, I think it sounds excellent. IMHO there's no need to swap it -- just give it a good, long, loud workout and you'll be fine.

I'm not extremely impressed by the sound out of the EO. I think you'd do much better in a live situation to just mic the amp.

Regarding the software, it seems quite stable and straightforward. I don't think you'll have any problems. The effects loop is configurable in the software so you'll be able to choose how you want it to suit your situation.

Once you get some air moving, this amp sounds absolutely amazing. The absolute best mix of tone, versatility, and ease of use on the market now. The Youtube demos had me sold, but honestly it sounds even better than I expected it would.

• Information