Disable speaker emulation (but keep TVP) for direct out?

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
slugworth

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 am

So I got my hands on a THD Hot Plate and hooked it up as a load box between my ID60 and my Line 6 POD HD. In the POD I set up 2 different parallel cab sims with post effects, and it sounds very nice. However, I would love to be able to do this from the direct out, rather than the speaker out. There are some drawbacks to using the Hot Plate.

Am I being obtuse, or is there really no way to disable the speaker emulation for the direct output without losing the TVP section?

slugworth

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:59 am

What's the best way to submit a suggestion to Blackstar? I used the UK contact to send them this, as an "other" inquiry:
slugworth wrote:I really enjoy my ID:60TVP. However, I would be overjoyed if you guys would add functionality that would let me use the line out without the speaker emulation but with the TVP section on.

Currently the effects loop "off" setting lets me keep the TVP but I must have the speaker emulation. And the effects loop "on" setting doesn't have the speaker emulation but I lose the TVP section.

This would be useful for routing the ID's signal through an external cabinet simulator or IR, and in my opinion would significantly expand the recording capability of this amp. The preamp+TVP sounds spectacular, and I think it would be brilliant to be able to combine this with external cabinet sims.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Information