Insider software not picking up my amp.

Discussion - ID:Series amplifiers.
pburgess22

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 pm

My ID260 was working fine but now the software is not picking up the fact i have my amp connected. It is being picked up by my computer without an issue as it appears in my connected devices on the control panel. Ive removed and reinstalled the software which hasn't changed the situation at all and ive fiddled with the amp in the sounds section of the control panel but nothing has made a difference.
Has anyone experienced similar issues and found a fix for it ?

culpster

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Tried a different cable?

pburgess22

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Used the same cable on my laptop and it works with no issues. On closer inspection when i plug it into the pc the usb image top left says that the usb is connected so the fact that it doesn't work is even more confusing. If i click settings i can change all the drop boxes and tick boxes but as soon as i unplug the usb it wont let me touch those settings. Very strange.

herrob

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:23 pm

i just bought an ID15. My Mac will not recognize the amp as being attached. In Insider, it says there is no amp connected, even though it is. If I look in System Preferences under Sound I see the Insider logo. I can download patches to my computer via Insider, but not upload them to the amp. The USB port shown in the Insider software is supposed to show an icon for a cable when the amp is connected. It does not show up.

What is happening???????

culpster

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Have you restarted your computer after installing Insider?
If that does not do the trick, I would uninstall Insider and reinstall a fresh copy and see if that does the trick.

caveywavey

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Hello,
I had this extact same issue on my ID30TVP. I finally solved it on my PC by going to the installation directory of the Blackstar Insider Software and then Right Clicking on the executable files in the Directory (BlackstarInsiderLauncherPC.exe and BlackstarInsiderServerPC.exe), choose Properties, then select the Compatability Tab, Put a Tick mark in the Run this Program as an Administrator option and then Apply.
You might only need to do this to one of the executable files, but I have not been bothered to try this, as I have encountered no issues with both ticked in compatability mode.

Hope this helps.
Gary. ;)

• Information